“Stellar location, superb food” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 13 Restaurants in Choeng Mon
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: International, Thai
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: SALA Restaurant is an exceptional blend of style and taste.Enjoy mouthwatering international cuisine and traditional Thai delicacies in a romantic setting,with candlelit tables on the beach, and poolside dining under the stars.
“Stellar location, superb food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

Have to love TripAdvisor... We felt like living it up last night and having a high-end dinner on Koh Samui. Sala Samui came very highly rated and the photos looked amazing, so we sent off an email for a booking. Got a prompt reply confirming the booking, which was convenient.

On arrival, as if to rub in how not-amazing wherever you're staying is, you get to walk through the Sala resort to get to the restaurant, right on the beach front. This place is absolutely immaculate. Its almost surreal. They must work very hard to maintain this property.

There was one table actually in the pool so diners could remove their shoes and put their feet in the water, which in 35° heat must have been very refreshing. Lots of subtle ambient lighting in the trees and from the pool. Certainly a great place for a nice romantic dinner or impromptu proposal....

We ordered an entree and main each. We also received fresh breads and hummus, plus an amuse bouche, gratis. All of our food was first class, and at prices comparable with a night out in our home country (New Zealand), so we didn't even hesitate. We also ordered a cocktail, martini and a bottle of wine.. Grand total for everything was 4400 baht. Money well spent.

What I loved about this the most is that it's intimate, quiet and professional. Its away from the hustle and bustle... Whilst there were a couple of beach hagglers (two, literally), they kept their distance and didn't bother anyone.

The staff perhaps could have been a bit more attentive, and the food could have been staggered a bit better, but those are small niggles that certainly wouldn't prevent me from returning... And in a setting like this, can easily be forgiven. The staff were, of course, very friendly and helpful when asked.

If you're dining here, ask for the table in the pool and wear sandals to dinner. If you're considering proposing here, ask for the more private table right down by the water. It looked like something right out of The Bachelor.

Brighton, United Kingdom
“Very very good food nice surroundings”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

We visited here last night for our wedding anniversary and it did not disappoint!! Very good European food (there are Thai options also) with an amazing wine list. The degustation or tasting menus sounded lovely but due to not being amazingly hungry we opted for two courses. An amuse-bouche popped out which was simply called duck and egg. Really lovely mini duck croquette and a quail egg with a tasty jus.
My wife opted for the crab risotto to start which was like velvet with black truffle oil and crab beignets, tip top!
I went for a dish just called asparagus, which consisted of the basic ham, Parmesan, poached egg and of course asparagus! Very beautifully presented and highly tasty.
Main course I chose 'all about the pork' basically pork cooked three ways. A pig cheek croquette, expertly done slow roast belly with sticky skin and a big tenderloin all with a rosemary jus, apple pieces and roast fennel I believe (on my 4th cocktail so got a bit hazy). Very artistically presented and tasted spot on.
My better half had the sea bass. I did try a bit of it which was lovely! It consisted of veal sausage slices, pickled shallots, celeriac cooked two ways, red wine sauce and a beautiful fresh fillet of sea bass. Again looked the part and tasted great!!
We also ordered some potato croquettes which where stunning they came with a pot of meaty jus or reduction of some description whatever it was, 100% delicious!
Cost is relatively high 400-1000 baht a main or 2000 for a tasting menu. Wine slightly over priced I thought but great selection although we stuck to martini's and caipirinha's. The location is spot on, the restaurant is located near the beach front with a lovely pool and nice decor.
The only thing I would say is it lacks fans. I KNOW it's petty and minor when you have a sea breeze and it is samui in April but when eating such delicious food I would have preferred to be a little cooler.
As my last statement is very silly/almost stupid but I personally think it would of helped the overall experience, but this place is a MUST try!!!
Defiantly going to pop back within the next 2 wks of our stay.
The resort looks amazing also.

Bucks
“Excellent meal in beautiful surroundings”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

A lovely stroll on the beach to this wonderful restaurant from Imperial Boathouse Hotel. Staff and service excellent in beautiful surroundings. Food was superb especially my dessert chocolate banana, highly recommend.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Ko Lanta, Thailand
“Art on a dining plate”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

I first went to this restaurant about 2 years ago and I was really impressed with its quality. Since then, I keep returning there for dinner every time I visit Samui. The food is really good and you can tell that prime ingredients are used to prepare it (therefore, do not expect to pay cheap price for your meal....quality never comes cheap!). A I said the food id really good, but this is something I can find in quite a few other restaurants in Samui; what really makes this restaurant stand out and keeps me going again ad again, is the presentation of the dishes: some of them are really fantastic artistic compositions, some reminding of Miro' paintings, with several colorful bits passionately arranged on the plate! You really have to see that to fully appreciate it. Ah....and the chocolate fondant is to die for!

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Los Angeles, California
“Nice Lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

Located in Choeng Mon Beach by Paradise Island Estate, we visited twice during our stay and had very nice lunch on both occasions.
Service is remarkable and food very nicely presented.

Visited April 2014