We've just returned home having spent 2 weeks in Thailand. The last 10 nights were spent at the Imperial Boat House on Ko Samui. We had a fantastic time! The resort is beautiful - a relatively small bay with beautiful white sand and warm seas. BBQ's on the beach every lunchtime, cocktail bars a plenty and Thai massages available at every corner.
The Imperial Boathouse is central to Choeng Mon and has a long estate that stretches from the main road to the beach. We had a standard room towards the back of the estate, which was perfect in size and on the third floor. We were a little worried when we arrived as our room backed on to the main road, but we never heard any noise from the local residents or road.
The staff at the Boathouse were all amazing and made sure we were made to feel welcome. When we arrived, we were decorated with floral garlands and escorted to our room where a cake and bottle of champagne were awaiting to help us celebrate our wedding anniversary.
The breakfast was good - not as good as the food we had in Bangkok, but still very nice. The only disappointment was the pastries and cakes, which were a little dry and weren't very often alternated.
The facilities onsite are fantastic - the pools are beautiful, the pool bar serves a great choice of food and drink (the pina colada is awesome), the massages are brilliant and even the night entertainment (if you are into that sort of thing) is really good. All in all we had a great time.
The only disappointing factor of our stay here was the condition of our room. When we arrived, the air con wasn't working and in fact we had to ask a couple of times for it to be fixed. The room looked very tired, particularly the bathroom. Be careful when using the shower as the water runs down the length of the bath and then hits the floor causing flooding! We spent every 30 seconds of a shower sweeping water back into the bath!
If you want to explore, it is only a 5-10 min taxi ride to the chaotic Chaweng (approx. 300 baht), which is an experience in itself. If you want to stay close to home, Choeng Mon has a great selection of bars and restaurants, which are all very reasonably priced and serve delicious food. On Wednesday night the town has a night market - we strongly recommend you attend and eat from the local food stalls.
All in all we had a great time in Samui and at the Boathouse. We would recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Imperial Boat House Beach Resort on Choeng Mon beach is situated on a beautiful stretch of white, soft sand on the northeast coast of Koh Samui. With spacious rooms, lush landscaping and genuine staff, we look forward to an opportunity to welcome you. What could make for a better experience than a stay in an authentic teak rice barge? Our teakwood rice barges have been converted into international standard luxury suites. We also offer 8 low-rise accommodation wings with a total of 210 rooms. Our resort is just 5 kilometers from the island's international airport and 10 minutes from Chaweng Beach and has easy access to the entire island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Tingo, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, HostelWorld, HostelBookers, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Otel and Venere so you can book your Imperial Boat House Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Imperial Boat House Beach Hotel Choeng Mon
- Imperial Boat Hotel
- Imperial Boat House Koh Samui
- Hotel Imperial Boat
- Imperial Boat House Beach Resort Ko Samui/Choeng Mon