First of all I would like to mention the negatives. Booked a terrace room with garden view
1. The toilet bathroom doors have holes designed in them, so make sure you have aircon on in your room as when going to toilet you can smell the odor from your room.
2. The Jacuzzi seems to occasionally startoff itself pumping water for no reason and unfortunately it also happened in the middle of the night while we are sleeping so we have to wake up to turn it off.
3. Customer service is also below standards especially at the restaurant and breakfast area. I have seen staff just standing in the middle of the walkway blocking the path of the guests. Tea was not strong enough, have to ask for teabags.
4. One morning, I saw 2 elderly sleepy Thai men sitting at the bar area watching the guests eating their breakfast which I thought was inappropriate. The bar area is meant for guests only and they don't look like staff or tourists.
5. Service in general was poorer at the restaurants. Service at the reception seemed to be rushed. Smiles were given but not in a pleasing manner. I am not sure if they liked their jobs. I see staff perspiring at the reception.
6. Also there was a large group of Chinese tourists, very loud and when they were sitting at separate tables at the breakfast area they were yelling at each other when talking which I find very inconsiderate.
As if they want to take over the place. Also they practically took over the use of the pool, smoking and their children very not well behaved at the pool. I see other European people swimming in other areas so as to avoid them.
7. I also saw some Chinese tourists reserving beach chairs in the morning using the beach towels and then going to breakfast and after our swim in the afternoon, the beach towels were still there but the whole time they were absent!
Their arrival is hard to predict so beware. Their bad reputation is not unheard of in other tourist countries so if they offend you just speak up to them.
8. Pillows were too soft.
9. Mosquitoes in rooms
However, the below are the main deal breakers:-
9. One annoying thing is after checking out as we were walking to catch a taxi, the reception staff asked us to wait 5 minutes to check if we had taken anything from the bar. I thought they should have done it earlier as we were left standing and then they accused us of using their beach slippers and not paying for it but they was no indication that we have to pay for using the slippers when we checked-in into the room, so we just told the reception we won't be paying for the use of the slippers as they didn't tell is prior.
10. We booked direct to the hotel’s special package as we find that it was cheaper than using other internet booking sites. The complimentary Thai seafood dinner was not good and dinner was at the beach itself. They just served everything at once without even mentioning what will be served. During the meal we were not attended to, they even forgot to serve the after dinner fruits.
11. Shuttle bus was meant to be complimentary but schedule was unreliable as we found out. We booked the 2:30 pm shuttle and the reception told us it will come 5 minutes later, we waited and waited along with 8 other people at the lounge for almost half an hour. They told us the reason for the delay is that they had to pickup passengers at the airport as they were delayed. The airport pickup service is paid for while the shuttle service is complimentary, no wonder they would rather pickup the passengers at the airport for the money and make us wait.
12. The beach itself isn’t that great compared to Chaweng Noi. I have stayed in Imperial Samui and find Imperial Samui Chaweng Noi better.
13. The quality of pastries and pancakes at breakfast are not that good, the sausages are better.
14. Also it is a deal breaker if you are not travelling with family or couple. The bathroom is also the area where your suitcases, wardrobes and belongings are kept, so when another person is using you can’t go in unless it is ok with both of you.
15. Email communication was unreliable and virtually non-existent, we reminded the hotel to provide twin beds before arrival and on booking but they never responded.
The pluses of this hotel are
1. Rain showers, large rooms and bathrooms, Jacuzzi
2. Large balconies with day beds
3. Jams and sausages at breakfast are good
In short, if you are after the big rooms, rain shower and and balcony and are willing to tolerate the above nuisances then go for it but for a better value for money, I think Imperial Samui at Chaweng Noi is better. Also don’t book this hotel for a honeymoon, you don’t want to spoil it due to the above for this once in a lifetime occasion. In my opinion this is not the hotel for honeymoon as there are lots of families with children.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This luxury Thai style beachfront resort is beautifully designed encompassing the element of the serene nature, sophisticated Thai culture, and modern amenities to create a holiday haven with the tranquil environment, rich of Thainess, ultimate comfort , sheer luxury and intimate services. It is a natural paradise away from the crowded world and within a pure and unspoiled environment of greenery, white sand beach and crystal clear sea that suits vacationers looking for a peaceful and romantic holiday haven to relax and rejuvenate. Choeng Mon is a little bay lies in the North-Eastern of Koh Samui, just 10 minutes or so from the middle of Chaweng and 5 minutes from the Samui Airport but it seems like worlds away. There is a small town that the road runs through with a couple of dozen restaurants, bars, convenience stores, ATM, currency exchange, tour counters and shops to serve both local and tourists. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Royal Muang Samui Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Muang Samui Villas And Hotel Bophut
- Royal Muang Samui Villas Ko Samui/Choeng Mon