Mystic Amara II - Deep Sea & Bottom Fishing Charters
Website
Improve this listing
Type: Boat Tours, Sightseeing Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Come fishing with Captain Leroy who has more than 20 years experience in these waters. Our fishing charters put you in pursuit of big game fish. You will fish for Wahoo, Mahi Mahi, King Fish, Tuna, Barracuda and more. When avid anglers drop lines in the water to fish they are sure to catch the experience of a lifetime. The scream of a tightly stretched line when a game fish strikes is a pulse racing experience!
Winchester
“good trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014 via mobile

All I all a good trip. Never have experienced deep sea fishing was a little disappointed with no real introduction and what we could perhaps expect/catch. I understand difficult when moving but we had 10 mins before setting off which would of been perfect. We caught 4 fish and went home with a great fillet for our lunch. Would do again.

Visited January 2014

New York City, New York
“Two days on the Mystic Amara II”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

We fished 2 days on the Mystic Amara II, one day deep sea and one day bottom fishing. My boys, 9 and 11, had a great time. We caught well over 30 fish and at least 9 different species. Captain Lee and the First Mate Theo could not have been better to us. We highly recommmend using them.

Visited January 2014
TropicalVillasAnu, Owner at Mystic Amara II - Deep Sea & Bottom Fishing Charters, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
So glad you enjoyed your two days fishing, and what a great choice to try both charters - I know the boys had a great time.

Amy, Leroy & Theo
O'Fallon, Missouri
3 attraction reviews
“Smelly diesel fumes”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

Okay fishing trip. Caught 2 fish. 8 ft rough water- not there fault. Fumes were awful. Every breath was diesel. Could not find a spot on the boat with fresh air. Pipe it out please.

Visited December 2013
Amy H, Owner at Mystic Amara II - Deep Sea & Bottom Fishing Charters, responded to this review, January 1, 2014
Sorry you found the diesel fumes offensive, but you are out on a diesel fishing boat.

You could have always sat upstairs with the Captain for fresh air.

The exhausts do come out the back of the boat so cannot be piped elsewhere I am afraid.

Sorry you were not happy.

Amy
Lexington, Kentucky
3 attraction reviews
“Bucket List Birthday Present”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

For my boyfriend's 35th birthday, I chartered a 6-hour deep sea fishing tour with Captain Lee and Teo during our trip to Antigua. I booked based on the glowing reviews, and those reviews were right. It's a great day.

I had never really been out on the ocean, and in preparation I got the behind-the-ear patches from my doctor. Even with that, I was still fairly nauseated, but my boyfriend had a great time, and I got extra girlfriend credit for not asking to go back early. I let him do all the fishing - when I finally stepped up to the chair the fish came off the line and we never got another bite - and he was really excited. With Captain Lee and Teo's help, my boyfriend pulled in four barracuda and 2 king fish, which we gladly shared with the taxi driver from our resort and the men gathered at the dock during our return.

Amy was a joy to work with in making the reservation, and Captain Lee and Teo were great onboard.

My one word of caution is that you make sure you take and use sunblock. I forgot, and even though there's a small covering on the boat when you're not in the fishing seat, the sun came off the water pretty hot, and I ended up with a deep, deep burn on my legs to the point where it was basically sun poisoning. My fault totally, but just be aware.

Visited November 2013
So glad you guys had a great time, but sorry about the sun burn!!

It is extremely hot out there on the ocean and sunblock is a must on charter.
Magnolia, Texas
“A great way to spend a day!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013

My husband and I chartered with Capt. Lee for a combined fishing and snorkeling trip. The day before our trip, we were contacted to see if we could postpone for a day due to the rough sea conditions....they wanted us to have the best day possible and knew the conditions would be better the next day. It was still a bit rough, but Capt. Lee knows his boat, and knows where to go fishing. We caught 3 barracuda and had a dolphin fish double header!! Awesome. We spent the last hour of our trip snorkeliNg at Cade's reef, where deckhand Theo took us on a guided tour. We've done similar trips in St. Lucia and Grenada, and our day out in Antigua was by far the best. Great people, really dedicated to making your day memorable....and we were impressed that travel time to and from the dock did not come out of our scheduled 6 hour trip. All in all, a great experience and we will be sure to charter with Lee again if we return to antigua. Thanks for a great day.

Visited December 2013
Amy H, Owner at Mystic Amara II - Deep Sea & Bottom Fishing Charters, responded to this review, December 27, 2013
So glad you enjoyed your Deep Sea / Snorkeling charter with Lee & Theo, I think they enjoyed it just as much as you did!!!

Amy, Leroy & Theo