Sugar Ridge is a very friendly modern hotel with fantastic views over the sea and harbour. We booked this hotel through a travel agency having never had a recommendation from friends so we were hoping it would be as lovely as it looked online. The hotel is beautiful and our room was lovely with a huge balcony (the rooms with plunge pools have smaller balconies). The pools were very refreshing (you need it in that heat!) however not as big as they look on some of the published pictures.
The food is lovely and there are great little places to eat nearby.. highly recommend Perry's Pizza across the road! Carmichael's at the top of the hill is in a stunning setting with the infinity pool so you can enjoy cocktails before dinner. It's fairly pricy however the food is delicious and the wine is extremely good.. we dined up there 3 times as it was just so good we had to go back!
If you're looking for somewhere with lots to do at night I wouldn't say this is the place for you. Whilst the hotel and beaches are lovely we did expect to be able to stroll from our hotel and have bars and restaurants to choose from and there is very little around. Although, what is there is very nice.
All in all the staff made it for us, they were so friendly and welcoming!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Antigua’s newest boutique hotel nestles in a sugar cane-bordered natural hillside with stunning views of the surrounding landscape and the turquoise Caribbean Sea. Designed in contemporary colonial style, rooms have private large verandas, plunge pool and full amenities. An Aveda™ spa provides the latest in holistic therapies; a gym, 3 swimming pools, trendy Sugar Club bar/restaurant and the more formal Carmichael’s, make Sugar Ridge the place to be. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Sugar Ridge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sugar Ridge Hotel Jolly Harbour
- Sugar Ridge Antigua/Jolly Harbour