This was our first trip to Antigua, we did not know what to expect in terms of accommodation or how friendly the locals were.
Upon arriving we were more than pleasantly surprised. The people are marvellous. Very friendly and eager to give a good impression of their island. You'd expect hotel staff to be courteous, it's their job. But the local islanders, on the beach, in the shops and residents were all lovely.
The Sugar Ridge was an amazing place to stay. The decor was very chique and stylish. Both restaurants served wonderful food. Especially Carmichael's at the top of the ridge. The service is out of this world. We missed the managers welcome cocktail party, we tend not to attend such formal affairs... But the next morning the manager came over to our breakfast table and welcomed us personally, he'd realised that we were not there at the previous evening event and had taken the trouble to make sure we were happy..
The accommodation was also very nice. The room was clean and well appointed. Nice walk-in wet room/shower. The little plunge pool on the patio is a nice touch.
We looked at some of the other hotels advertised when we were here. We were glad that we had chosen the best as far as we could see. The only downside (for some) not for us, the hotel is not right on the beach. But this added to exclusive feel. There is a regular shuttle bus (land rover) which will take you to any one of the numerous beaches.
I'm sure that you will not be disappointed with this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Antigua’s newest boutique hotel nestles in a sugar cane-bordered natural hillside with stunning views of the surrounding landscape and the turquoise Caribbean Sea. Designed in contemporary colonial style, rooms have private large verandas, plunge pool and full amenities. An Aveda™ spa provides the latest in holistic therapies; a gym, 3 swimming pools, trendy Sugar Club bar/restaurant and the more formal Carmichael’s, make Sugar Ridge the place to be. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Splendia, Regatta Hotels, Orbitz, Travelocity, Tingo, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Sugar Ridge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sugar Ridge Hotel Jolly Harbour
- Sugar Ridge Antigua/Jolly Harbour