This is a beautiful hotel with amazing service. We got moved to a room with a view instead of the room with a plunge pool, which was a blessing. The plunge pools were not even close to the photos on the website and were really tiny. I wasn't sure if I would like staying away from the beach, but I didn't miss it all. There are regular shuttles to the beaches close by and if you don't feel like waiting it is a 5 min walk to The Nest beach. It really felt like paradise! Everywhere you looked there were flowers and lush green landscapes and views of the turquoise water from the hills were Sugar Ridge is located.
Our rooms were really clean and had aveda products. But make sure you put down the mosoquito nets at night or you might have hard time sleeping.
We decided against going to the Aveda spa and instead got massages on the beach for a lot less. I can get Aveda anywhere, but I can't get the real sounds of the ocean in the background back home.
The food was fine and acceptable, but nothing to write home about. It was kind of pricey but what i would expect at a resort. We ate at both Carmichaels and the Sugar club. The included hot breakfast and buffet was perfect and kept us going for most of the day. We always grabbed lunch on the beach and then a smaller dinner at night back at the hotel.
A few things to keep in mind...the wifi was spotty everywhere but the lobby, so don't count on it! Also, you will have to walk up lots of hills and stairs during your stay so bring comfortable shoes. And, if you go to Shirley Heights on Sunday for the big party, keep in mind it is a good 45 mins away but the views alone are worth it!
Overall, our stay was close to perfect and i would recommend Sugar Ridge to anyone visiting Antigua! As everyone we met on the island said once they heard we are staying at Sugar Ridge.."wow, that is the finest on the island!"
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Antigua’s newest boutique hotel nestles in a sugar cane-bordered natural hillside with stunning views of the surrounding landscape and the turquoise Caribbean Sea. Designed in contemporary colonial style, rooms have private large verandas, plunge pool and full amenities. An Aveda™ spa provides the latest in holistic therapies; a gym, 3 swimming pools, trendy Sugar Club bar/restaurant and the more formal Carmichael’s, make Sugar Ridge the place to be. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Sugar Ridge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sugar Ridge Hotel Jolly Harbour
- Sugar Ridge Antigua/Jolly Harbour