First ever visit to Antigua and selected hotel based on Trailfinders and Trip Advisor information. This was a Christmas getaway trip from the 21st to 29th December, all inclusive.
The good bits
Fantastic location, excellent sunset views, wonderful lush forest setting, well equipped gym, superb shuttle facility to a variety of local beaches, the bed and pillows. Some of the staff
The not so good bits
Some of the staff, service in Carmichael's.
I agree with many of the comments made and this highlights the problem with this hotel. The staff and service are of such variable quality that one can feel anything from cosseted and well looked after to ignored or even a burden.
Some staff were quite capable of appearing busy purely not to deal, or even acknowledge you, others remembered your name and welcomed you.This is a great shame as the hotel has huge potential to be excellent, but for the price it charges it should already be excellent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Antigua’s newest boutique hotel nestles in a sugar cane-bordered natural hillside with stunning views of the surrounding landscape and the turquoise Caribbean Sea. Designed in contemporary colonial style, rooms have private large verandas, plunge pool and full amenities. An Aveda™ spa provides the latest in holistic therapies; a gym, 3 swimming pools, trendy Sugar Club bar/restaurant and the more formal Carmichael’s, make Sugar Ridge the place to be. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Splendia, Regatta Hotels, Orbitz, Travelocity, Tingo, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Sugar Ridge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sugar Ridge Hotel Jolly Harbour
- Sugar Ridge Antigua/Jolly Harbour