paying 500 Dollars a night, I expect a real 5-star service, what we got here was the level of a youth hostel. We arrived at 9.30 pm, hungry ... kitchen closed. Nibidy was even able to organize us a delivery pizza or a slice of bread. We woke up hungry and eaten up by mosquitos ... turndown service forgot to pull the mosquito nets down. Next morning we requested our take-away breakfast - since we had an early flight to Barbuda. Receptionists answer: I dont know why it qas offered in your package, but I cant help you. Maybe you go yourself to the restaurant and talk to the chef.
The list of disapointments is long - I dont want to bore anybody here. The island is not special on itself, attitude of most people here is unfriendly, laty, dishonest. They dont deserve your time and money here.
We hopped several islands in the Caribbean. I recommend you Anguilla (best beaches so far, friendly people), Saint Martin - but only the French side - very welcoming people, great beaches, turks & caicos ... all lovely. But PLEASE AVOID Antigua completely .... when lazy meets cant do attitude, meets unfriendly ..... you should make a big bow around the whole island and especially this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Antigua’s newest boutique hotel nestles in a sugar cane-bordered natural hillside with stunning views of the surrounding landscape and the turquoise Caribbean Sea. Designed in contemporary colonial style, rooms have private large verandas, plunge pool and full amenities. An Aveda™ spa provides the latest in holistic therapies; a gym, 3 swimming pools, trendy Sugar Club bar/restaurant and the more formal Carmichael’s, make Sugar Ridge the place to be. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Splendia, Regatta Hotels, Orbitz, Travelocity, Tingo, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Sugar Ridge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sugar Ridge Hotel Jolly Harbour
- Sugar Ridge Antigua/Jolly Harbour