Hotel was not located on any beach, but we knew this before we made reservations and rented a car at the airport for our 5 day stay, which was perfect as it allowed us to visit over a half dozen of the best beaches on the island (the best one was at Half Moon Bay). Staff are extremely pleasant from check-in to breakfast to assisting with services. Plenty of free parking. In-room free wifi is slow and temperamental, but there's an in-lobby computer with fast internet. The infinity pool was nice and quiet with few other guests. Rooms come with electronic safe, stocked mini-bar (expensive items), LCD TV's, iPod dock radio, hair dryers, and decent bathroom amenities. Rooms are clean, with floor tiles throughout. Getting ice was a problem as there's no ice machine and they put coolers out on the main walkway filled with ice for the guests but most nights the coolers were not there so we had to go down to lobby or the restaurant to get ice. Electrical outlets are the 110V North American 2-prong standard. Good cold air-conditioning in every room. Every room has a view out to the ocean. Make sure you bring mosquito spray for when hanging out on your own huge private balcony each night. There are free hotel buses to a few of the local nearby beaches but we drove ourselves everywhere. There's a full-size American style supermarket just a minute up the road in the Jolly Beach complex area. The Aveda spa was okay, but we've had better experiences at other spas on our travels. Lots of young couples at Sugar Ridge. But not a honeymoon destination hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Antigua’s newest boutique hotel nestles in a sugar cane-bordered natural hillside with stunning views of the surrounding landscape and the turquoise Caribbean Sea. Designed in contemporary colonial style, rooms have private large verandas, plunge pool and full amenities. An Aveda™ spa provides the latest in holistic therapies; a gym, 3 swimming pools, trendy Sugar Club bar/restaurant and the more formal Carmichael’s, make Sugar Ridge the place to be. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your Sugar Ridge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sugar Ridge Hotel Jolly Harbour
- Sugar Ridge Antigua/Jolly Harbour