“You MUST try the food here!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Cuisines: Coffee Shop, Vegetarian, Healthy, Ice Cream
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Reservations, Late Night
“You MUST try the food here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012 via mobile

Firstly, I need to point out that I'm not a vegetarian. Samsara offers mainly vegetarian food although they do have some meat offerings. I have been waiting for a place like this for ages, typical Spanish cafes and restuarants offer oily, greasy food with loads of bread which I personally am not a fan of.

The food at Samsara is both delicous and good value for money with a choice of hot and cold dishes all thought up by the mastermind himself, Phillip. With new dishes regularly appearing on the menu, it keeps me coming back for more, sometimes as much as 3 - 4 times a week!

I usually have the larger option that allows you to chose 4 different dishes simply because there are too many yummy looking dishes to choose from and the smaller option is only 2 dishes...

Philip and Antonia are very friendly and are more than happy to let you try something you like the look of. I can highly recommend the lentils with chickpeas, 3 rice salad, corn fritters and the thai noodle salad.

Don't forget to try one the homemade Brownies, made from locally produced chocolate, these are amazing!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

89% Recommend
Malaga, Spain
“A must try!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Finally went to Samsara to try out their food after having a lovely Frappe from them a few weeks previously and had admired their interesting and lovely looking choice of food.

There are only a handful of places (If that) in La Cala that don't disappoint. I have to say the food I had today was absolutely delicious. Light, jam packed with flavour and healthy too. Just the job after my spinning class.

I shall definitely be popping back there again. Best of luck to them.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Cornwall
“Good food at reasonable prices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

It is, we think, the only cafe of its type in La Cala and the area and for that reason will do well. It provides a wide range of healthy food for all tastes and the option for 'take-out' is a great asset. Whilst we were there somebody rang in their order and collected it shortly afterwards having parked by the door. This time we only ordered a coffee as we had just eaten - coffee was very refreshing - and food will definitely be on our list the next time we visit. The owner - Phillip - runs the cafe smoothly and without fuss and certainly knows all about healthy wholesome food. The menu is varied to suit all and is good value.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Malaga, Spain
“A lunchtime delight in La Cala”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

A find I had to share.
Samsara a deli cafe close to the seafront at La Cala (opposite the Church)
Crisp inviting decor, an extremeley friendly owner who is certainly knowledgeable about the dishes on offer. The food is fresh and very tasty, and served in quirky but fun banana shaped dishes. The chickpea, lentil and feta salad is not to be missed. Whist eating our lunch we noticed the range of home made bread!! we had to go home clutching a still warm carrot and sunflower seed loaf mmmmm! Yes it made it home before being eaten. Shame we did not take another piece of the moist succulent carrot cake with us. So I guess we will just have to go back for a repeat
. If you are in La Cala, do pay thid delightful cafe a visit.

Visited October 2012
Scotland
“worth visiting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

In this corner of La Cala there are many restos, bars and Samsara stands out as different from the usual seaside place. It is tiny but easily spotted because of vivid colour of the interior. The food is fresh and tasty, bread exceptional. The owner very friendly and wifi available. It is open during the day only.

• Visited October 2012