“good location, cleanly room....” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Thon Hotel Brussels City Centre

You added Thon Hotel Brussels City Centre to your Saves list
Thon Hotel Brussels City Centre
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Avenue du Boulevard 17, Saint-Josse-ten-Noode, Brussels 1210, Belgium (Formerly Tulip Inn Brussels)   |
“good location, cleanly room....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

location was perfect near to rogier station all main attractions within reach from the hotel.
It was quite a good stay at thon hotel. Value for money.

staff was good and friendly.

We enjoyed stay at thon hotel.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
ManagementTHBCC, Manager at Thon Hotel Brussels City Centre, responded to this review, today
Dear Sagar,

Thank you for staying with us in Thon Hotel Brussels City Centre.

We are happy to hear that in general you had a pleasant stay with us.

We hope of having the pleasure to welcome you again in the future.

Best Regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Ljubljana, Slovenia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

This hotel is one of the best choices in Brussels regard to connections and in the vicinity of the centre. There is a Gare du Nord railway station 5 min. walk away from the hotel with 15 mins. intervals to the Brussels Airport. Next service is metro station for lines 2 and 6 just in front of the hotel. You can reach a major part of business areas with metro. Third choice is tram just a few minutes away placed in the Manhattan building.
In the free time you can walk to the centre of Brussels. Grand place is just 15 mins. walk away passing the shipping area on the Rue Nueve street.
The services in hotel are excellent including breakfast, rooms and relaxation centre with the panoramic view of Brussels.
It is worth to visit and stay in this hotel.

Room Tip: rooms on the south part
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Dear Samo,

Thank you for taking the time to fill in the satisfaction survey on tripadvisor.com

We are glad to hear that you found our hotel such a nice experience. We will share your words with our staff members.

We hope of having the pleasure to welcome you again in Thon Hotel Brussels City Centre.

L'Aquila, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I spent just one night at the hotel. The rooms are nice and pleasant. The view from the high storeys is wonderful. The bed is comfortable. Staff is friendly. The location is perfect to reach the European Commission and not far from the city centre.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with ThonHotels.no

ManagementTHBCC, Manager at Thon Hotel Brussels City Centre, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear Dajana,

Thank you for you stay with us in Thon Hotel Brussels City Centre. We would like to thank you for taking the time to write an evaluation about your stay with us.

We are happy to hear that all you write about us is positive and that you enjoyed your stay.

We hope of having the pleasure to welcome you again on your next occasion in Brussels.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The staff are excellent and the hotel is in an ideal location to get to the various tourist attractions. The closest metro stop is outside the entrance to the hotel and Brussels North station is a two min walk. The room was clean with various toiletries that you need and there are more behind the reception desk if needed. I did not use the gym so can not comment on this. The beds where comfortable and the room had a good view (that is not that well shown by my pictures). The breakfast was a little expensive but very good.

There is some information on a Brussels Card in reception. This makes going to the various museums cheaper so recommend that you pick up the information.

Stayed April 2015
ManagementTHBCC, Manager at Thon Hotel Brussels City Centre, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Matt,

First of all we would like to thank you for your praising words about our hotel.

Indeed our hotel is located close to the Rogier metro station ( 1 minute by foot ). And very close to the Nord station which is excellent when coming from Brussels Airport or ariving by train in Brussels.

We hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you again in Thon Hotel Brussels City Centre.

Paris
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

A very pleasant experience. Super location. Friendly staff. Nice modern room. Breakfast very satisfactory. I highly recommend this place to anyone visiting Brussels although it's especially suited to those visiting European institutions.

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write an evaluation about your your stay with us in Thon Hotel Brussels City Centre.

It is always a pleasure to read comments like yours and it encourage us to continue in the same way.

We hope of having the pleasure of welcoming you again on your next occasion in Brussels.

Potenza, Italy
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I was last time in Thon Hotel Brussels City Centre from 14/04/2015 to 17/04/2015. I use to stay there since a couple of years any time I have some commitment to the European Commission right behind the corner.
I don't use to book breakfast because it is generally proposed at a kind of extortionate price, and so I did this time. However, with my pleasant surprise, I was greeted by the concierge operator informing me that this time breakfast was included as a complimentary gift. I asked him twice to check, because I didn't actually book any breakfast and he said it was confirmed I had the right to a "complimentary breakfast" included in the price, so I finally asked him to confirm me the price and he confirmed exactly the same price I booked my stay for. Therefore I went for this breakfast and the really unpleasant surprise was at my check-out, when I realized that, despite what it was said by the first operator, I was charged for full price breakfast. Needless to say I quarrelled with the guy trying to protest about it but he was really dumb and unpolite, so I got out of there with the firm intention not to come back again anymore.
By the way, wireless connection is generally good but on some unfortunate floors it is so weak that you cannot even get the connection.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with ThonHotels.no

ManagementTHBCC, Manager at Thon Hotel Brussels City Centre, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Vincenzo,

First of all I would like to thank you for taking the time to write an evaluation about your stay with us in Thon Hotel Brussels City Centre. Second I would like to say that we regret the fact that we had some inconveniences at the reception due to miss communication.

As my collogue told me there was a misunderstanding at the reception about your breakfast which got solved afterwards. We posted your breakfast after the conversation and kindly asked you to bring your booking details with you when you were checking-out to remove the breakfast from your invoice if the breakfast was indeed included in your booking. Disappointing enough you did not bring the booking with you while checking-out and that is why we charged you the breakfast after all.

We feel sorry that because of this you will not come back again anymore. If you will we will be happy to welcome you.

Finland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This hotel has a very good location close to North station and Rogier metro stop.

Generally this hotel is freshly decorated and room was rather comfortable. Size was not that big, but enough. Materials used were new, but feels like Ikea (wood-like cheap plastic, faux leather etc.). Bath/toilet was clean, but basic. Wi-fi was included, but was lausiest I've met for a long time.

Breakfast was good average in both variety and quality. Staff was helpful.

Generally with the exeption of the non-working wi-fi the hotel is OK, and could be woth of three stars. However I feel that in the same price range Shetaton or NH located next door offer a little bit more value for your money and therefore rate only two stars.

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Hello,

First we would like to thank you for your detailed evaluation about your stay with us in Thon Hotel Brussels City Centre.

We regret the fact that you experienced some inconviences during your stay with us. We are aware of the problem that our Wi-Fi sometimes is not fast enough to satisfy our guests. Thats why we are placing a new antenna on our building.

Once again we would like to apologize for the inconviences.

Best Regards,

Been to Thon Hotel Brussels City Centre? Share your experiences!