If you want a corkscrew in your room, this hotel wants to charge you 5 euros! I laughed so much when room service told me this, that the duty manager actually brought me one free of charge. Although I did have to hear how the charge was to discourage me from bringing wine into the hotel rather than buying it from room service! And there was me thinking that a Crowne Plaza was intended to serve guests, not just milk them.
When I asked why my room, clearly booked as double occupancy, had only one bathrobe and one (small) bottle of water, I was told that it was a "business hotel"...subsequently 2 water bottles appeared, but no additional bathrobe.
If this really is a business hotel, the wifi coverage is shameful. In my room it was impossible to connect for more than a few minutes at a time. Perhaps that's why the wifi (unlike the corkscrew) is labelled 'free'. From the number of people accessing wifi in the lobby and from the corridors, I would guess that my room was far from unique in being free-of-wifi!
Although the staff seem helpful, and the decorations are unique, the level of facilities for a Crowne Plaza are totally inadequate. In my room, nothing in the least bit technical functioned correctly. The TV showed the wrong time, and an error message at every turn-on; the remote changed channels erratically 2 or 3 steps at a time. Even the non-tech things didn't really work: the security chain on the door had been ripped out of the wall and not replaced; the cover on the bathtub water control was broken off; even the tissue dispenser was missing a screw and so plunged to the floor whenever a tissue was removed.
This hotel has seen better days, but not recently I suspect...
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Brussels
- Crowne Plaza Hotel Brussels
- Crowne Plaza Hotel Brussels - Le Palace Belgium
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover a Palace of today! Dating back to 1908, Crowne Plaza Brussels - Le Palace has a long distinguished history and has been at the heart of Brussels’ daily life since the day it opened. Today the hotel is committed to preserving its unique traditions while providing new and modern comforts for its guests. 354 splendidly decorated guestrooms have a unique style, Art Nouveau and Deco inspired. Quality beds, soft big sweet dream pillows, etc. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Otel, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Crowne Plaza Hotel Brussels - Le Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.