“Good business hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Hotel Brussels - Le Palace

You added Crowne Plaza Hotel Brussels - Le Palace to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Hotel Brussels - Le Palace
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Rue Gineste 3, Saint-Josse-ten-Noode, Brussels 1210, Belgium   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Helsinki, Finland
“Good business hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

Stayed here on a business trip. Was upgraded to a business suite, which was very nice. The bed was comfortable and there was a kettle and a coffee machine. The breakfast was good. The location is great near to North station and a beautiful botanical garden.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Oxfordshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Right in the heart of Brussels, indeed at the heart of Europe, you might expect a Crowne Plaza to be a bit more than OK. Indeed, I expected it to show a little more pride in its appearance. When my taxi dropped me off I steeped out onto what will once have been polished paving, now hard to discern through the grime. Then, no-one on door duty, well, ok, maybe I'm a little picky. But then a long queue to check in and once done, lifts that seemed to be stuck on floor 7. To my comment about the latter, I was reassured that 'It happens'. To my room. Clean - check. Bathroom - nice towels - check. Bedding - well, if I say it resembled disposable bedding, perhaps you can envision it. Overall, the room was spacious, but the greying white net curtains shielded me from the hideous outlook to a room with equally greying white net curtains across the way. So, later, on my return to sleep, I found my ablutions somewhat curtailed by a sink that wouldn't empty and a minibar that was empty save for a solitary bottle of mineral water - not even sparkling. Was I glad they threw in the mineral water! On the whole the staff were pleasant but the place needs a facelift - broken tiles behind my loo - horrid. Not a place I'd return to unless I absolutely had to.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Brussels - Le Palace, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Dear Minnie12359,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. It is delightful to know that you found our location to be of convenience. I apologize for the issues you encountered upon check in and if the lifts were inconvenient. Kindly be assured that your additional comments have been forwarded to the hotel to consider for upgrades needed.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and my apologies for the shortcomings.

Pam G
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for 1 Sat night on my own on a business trip. It is easy to find, right opposite Rogier metro station. The staff were brilliant, so helpful, and wait until you see the Art Deco design and carpets! Brilliant! I had room service for dinner, and breakfast in the restaurant both fine. I travel and stay in hotels a lot and this one is great and a bit different.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Belgium
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

We stayed 2 nights at this hotel, spent one day sightseeing through Brussels and the next day took the train to visit Brugge. The good things are: room and bathroom were decent size, clean, and it was centrally located to the shopping and center city. The bad things are: bed wasn't very comfortable (very squeaky) and the wifi signal in the room was poor. Overall, for people deciding whether or not to visit Brussels I recommend skipping Brussels and just staying in and visiting Brugge.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Brussels - Le Palace, responded to this review, June 22, 2013
Dear JL2419,

Thank you for writing a review about your experience. It was unfortunate to see you were not fully satisfied with our hotel. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, as your feedback will help us see where we can improve and where we shine through. We do regret to see your discomfort with the bed and trouble with the internet. We truly appreciate the high marks for Cleanliness and Service.

Should your travels bring you back to Brussels we hope to have the pleasure of serving you again.

Adrian D.
Alexandria, VA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

it is incredibly difficult to find a decent hotel in Brussels - given the high volume of government travelers in the city, hotels basically have to provide zero service to attract guests. Crowne Plaza Le Palace is a good example of this attitude: it provides the bare minimum in almost everything: quality, service, cleanliness. It has a good location though - just off of Rogier station - so that (and my attempt to rack up IHG points) usually drives me there, but I would have a hard time recommending it to anyone. Good enough, but really nothing spectacular.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Brussels - Le Palace, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
Dear wakanaman,

Thank you for staying with us and providing us with your valuable feedback. I am pleased our location suited you well. Please accept our sincere apology for the shortcomings you experienced during your stay and we regret our hotel did not live up to your expectations. We value your feedback as they enable us to further improve the quality and services we offer and to surpass the very high standards our guests expect.

Joel B
London, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

Stayed one night in May 2013, £67 incl. tax on an advance rate without breakfast for a double room.

Really nice, if somewhat corporate-looking hotel (on the inside) and centrally located too. The area is going through considerable upheaval at the time of writing: pretty much all the surrounding roads are being resurfaced and there's a large amount of building work in progress. This may have been why the rate was so good. It had little effect on our stay but it might have done if we had been there for longer.

Our room was on the 7th floor, unfortunately no view, but it was very quiet, extremely spacious and well appointed. Very nice bar with live jazz in the lobby area. At this rate, would return without question. Parking available right outside for around 14 euros per 24hrs, pretty reasonable for a capital city.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Tel Aviv, Israel
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Hi,

I've stayed at the Crowne Plaza for one night at May.

The good things:
1. The room was upgraded and i was granted a late checkout.
2. The bed was very comfortable.
3. The Staff were nice.

The bad things:
1. The Wireless internet signal at the room was very poor, causing all of my devices to disconnect every 10 seconds. The staff proposed to restart the router, but this didn't help. no other solution was offered.
2. The cleaners got into my room twice, without even knocking.
3. I would expect the water pressure to be good. That was not the case here.
4. I would expect not to see any mold in the bath. Again, that wasn't the case.

Those issues shouldn't happen in a Crowne Plaza.
Sometime it is a Crowne Plaza - Upgrade, late checkout but sometimes not a crowne plaza.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Brussels - Le Palace, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Dear Austrian_Airlines,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding our bed and staff.

However, We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding internet connection, housekeeping, and the water pressure. We will address these points. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
IHGCare

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel Brussels - Le Palace? Share your experiences!