“Excellent Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Hotel Brussels - Le Palace

Save Saved
You added Crowne Plaza Hotel Brussels - Le Palace to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Hotel Brussels - Le Palace
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Rue Gineste 3, Saint-Josse-ten-Noode, Brussels 1210, Belgium   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“Excellent Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel. I wanted to leave my bag here on the first day of arrival as I was early, however the receptionist allowed us to check in to the room early without charge which was much appreciated. The hotel and room was spotless and the staff were more than happy to help when requesting help such as a map, directions or simply bringing more milk etc to the room. The rooms were very comfortable and bathroom was big with a great shower. I didn't dine in the restaurant but the bar had a great ambience and friendly staff. Would definately visit again, fabulous hotel!

• Stayed March 2013

925 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
  • Greek first
dubai
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Went there for attending a conference in the same hotel.

pleased with the service at checkin , restuarant(had breakfast & lunch) and housekeeping

room sizes are large by European standards. Comfortable bed, no complaints

well located, about 10 minutes walk from the Palace and Grotte Market

Well recommended all in all.

Moline, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

I stayed overnight in Brussels to ease traveling connections and hoped that the location of this hotel would give me an opportunity to do the tourist thing in Brussels. The hotel recommended taking a train from the airport which was easy, but then getting to the hotel was more of a walk than they told me. Not long, but not 500 feet (it was 500 meters). The hotel is in a old building but has been fully modernized and well decorated. Since the building is old, the room was slightly smaller than average, but not small. Brussels is closed on Sunday so walking around except for Le Grand Place was completely closed. The hotel's restaurants were closed - although for dinner they offered abbreviated service in a small room off the bar. Pass on that, the choices were limited. I was unable to exchange money at the hotel and directed vaguely to ATM machines (the first two did not take my American/but international ATM card). Overall clean, comfortable, but I would roll the dice and try another place if I returned to Brussels .

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Brussels - Le Palace, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Dear TAN31_11,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your thoughts and comments regarding your stay with us. Please accept our sincere apology for the shortcomings you experienced during your stay and we regret our hotel fell short of your expectations. We value your feedback as they enable us to further improve the quality and services we offer and to surpass the very high standards our guests expect. If there is anything we can do to assist you further, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare
The Hague, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here last week on a weekday. Due to the European top it was not easy to get at the hotel but eventually we got there. Reception was friendly and helpful, my sister forgot here toothbrush and they gave here one free of charge. The room was nice, we asked for an extra bed and this was no problem. The bed was realy comfortable and the bathroom was okay. The hotel looks a bit old from the outside but inside it is very modern. There is also a small fitness area, unfortunately no swimming pool. There is free wifi in the hotel and it works fast. The location is good, it is just a few minutes walking to the city centre. I enjoyed my stay here and can recommend the hotel.

• Stayed March 2013
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

I only stayed at theis hotel as everywhere else I normally stay was boked up. It was bordering on unaffordable for my company but the meeting I attended was important. A very well appointed hotel, the beds are very comfortable and the rooms clean although you can see the fabric of the hotel is getting a bit tired now in places.

Good facilities including bar restaurant and a gym. Internet was free (so it should be for the price!) Whilst the location is convenient, I was lucky to get an inside room as the main road outside can be very noisy. It is close to Gare du Nord so don't go wandering there on your own at night as it is close to the red light district, although the area around the hotels is quite safe.

I nearly had a heart attack when I went for breakfast as it was 27 Euros!!!! yes you read that correctly. My evening meal in a restaurant with beer and sweet was the same amount. If I had not been on a business trip I would have gone elsewhere. How can you charge that amount for a breakfast buffet? The Holiday Inn which is also IHG is half that price for the same fare!

I did not use the bar, restaurant (apart from breakfast) or the gym so cannot comment.

So, if you are willing to spend the money then this is a very good hotel but, there are chaeper alternatives that give you just as good a night's sleep and store your bags just as well.

P.S. What is going on with the TV remotes? They are the most user unfrinedly items I have ever used. To change channel you have to go back through a complicated menu.......Not channel surfing friendly at all.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
GOudeVrielink, Director of Business Development at Crowne Plaza Hotel Brussels - Le Palace, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Thank you for detailed review. We are glad you found our hotel comfortable and well located. We took note of your feedback and appreciate it. Regarding the TV remote controls, we are in the process of changing the entire TV system into a very easy user friendly one, internet use on the TV and syncronisation possibility with the smart phone. We are looking forward to welcoming you again in our hotel, wishing you only the best, Gabriela Oude Vrielink
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Stayed here for a weekend in Brussels and was very happy with it. The bed was the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in! The room was nice and big. Location was good, near the Gare Nord station and close to shopping streets. It was a nice walk towards the Grand Place. We didn't have breakfast included and it was quite pricey in the hotel so we just ate in a nearby cafe- there are lots. This was perfect. I would happily return to this hotel if I was in Brussels again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review and for your good feedback. Looking forward to welcoming you again, best regards, Gabriela Oude Vrielink
Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

As a platinum priority club member we received an upgrade to a suite. OMG! The room (756) was spectacular with a view overlooking the botanical gardens. Enormous lounge room with office and coffee machine, two bathrooms and a huge bedroom with an exercise bike, two minibars, complimentary water with a third TV over the bath. Beware - my husband fell asleep in this ambience watching TV in the bath. The restaurant is extremely obliging and made me a meal to order. All staff were particularly attentive, with special thanks to Anthony. The hotel is a five minute walk to the train station and 15 minutes to the Old Town Square (a must see). Great value!

Room Tip: The suite is worth it!