“Nice hotel, great for business travellers” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Brussels City

You added Hilton Brussels City to your Saves list
Hilton Brussels City
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Place Rogier 20 | Sint-Joost-ten-Node, Saint-Josse-ten-Noode, Brussels 1210, Belgium   |
Special Offer
Save 33% on Weekend Stays
Cardiff
“Nice hotel, great for business travellers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2007

Great location, on the edge of the high street, and 5 mins away from the train station. Rooms are modern, and staff are friendly.

Stayed January 2007

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (199)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
UK
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2007

My room was booked by the local company I was visiting, so I don’t know how much they paid but it’s the worst Hilton I have ever stayed in (and I must have stayed in around 30 of them in various cities).

I am a Hilton Hhonours member but they gave me the worst room in the hotel (I assume, I can’t imagine a worse one existing!). The window opened onto a brick wall and was directly above the skylight from the kitchen roof, so all the noise and cooking smells from the kitchen wafted into my room if I opened the window. It was also tiny and dark and not very clean. I only stayed there because I arrived late at night and was only staying for one night.

The front desk staff were incredibly rude. They didn’t even acknowledge me and carried on typing without so much as looking up or saying ‘I’ll be with you in a moment’ for a good few minutes while I stood in front of them. Then the two male staff watched while I struggled with an extremely heavy suitcase up the stairs to get to the lift. Neither of them offered to help and eventually a kind guest helped me because I was clearly struggling!

The room wasn't very clean, the remote control for the TV didn't work and the information book was horribly stained and dirty.

Don’t go here expecting the usual Hilton standards and service!

• Liked — it gave me somewhere to sleep for 8 hours or so
  • Disliked — Everything else - mainly that I expect much better from a Hilton hotel
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Travelers are raving about these Saint-Josse-ten-Noode hotels

Bangkok, Thailand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2007

I've visited Hilton Brussels City various times. It is a good hotel in a very good location, close to the metro and walking distance from the Grand Place. The staff is good. The quality of the food is above average (as also the prise of the food).

When it comes to the rooms, if you book the deluxe rooms then you should wait a very good environment and adequate space. When it comes to the normal rooms most of them are very small (for a Hilton) but the quality of the furniture and the bath is also good in these rooms to.

• Liked — Location and furniture in the rooms and Loby area
  • Disliked — Some rooms are very small
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2007

The Brussels City Hilton is an average hotel in an average neighborhood. We arrived later in the afternoon on a Saturday and were given a room on the Hilton Honours floor. The room was small but clean, which we come to expect from most European hotels.

The room we were in had "hardwood" floors which were your typical laminate flooring, and the bathroom had tile. The hotel itself is located very close to the North Train Station as well as the metro. This was a great opportunity to get out and explore when we had a metro pass.

There is also a mall with a grocery store located directly across the street so we would grab a few things there as we didn't spend the money on the breakfast. Did I mention there was ice? yay!

• Liked — Ice machines and lots of hot water - in addition to the location.
  • Disliked — shower had a 1/2 shield and not a curtain - kind of weird.
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Edinburgh
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2007

We stayed here due to my partner attending an event at the hotel. We arrived a day later than expected due to missing our connecting flight to Brussels. Though my partner did ring and explain the situation there seemed problems checking us into our room (even though the room had been paid for in advance).

Eventually we were given the 'keys' to our room. My partner disappeared off to his engagement and I was left to go up to the room alone. The room was a huge disappointment. Very small and pokey. The beds were 2 single beds stuck together. The bathroom was tiny and the because the room was at an angle the toilet was wedged next to the bath. My partner is a big man, 6'3 and unless he jumped over the toilet whilst doing some kind of ballet flip he would not have been able to get into the bath for his shower. I went down to reception and complained about the beds and the bathroom. After some pursuading (on my part) that this was not acceptable I was moved to another room.

We were moved to the Hilton Honours floor (which upset me a little as my partner is a silver member). They do not have an Executive Level or an Executive Lounge.

The room was acceptable. The beds were single beds stuck together though which annoys me as you always get a hard ridge in the middle of the bed.

The breakfast was poor and though they offered an omelette service the omelette was truly awful - very oily and the chef forgot to put cheese in mine.

If my partner had not had his event in the hotel we would probably have chosen another Hilton hotel but though the hotel itself is mediocre, the location is very good.

• Liked — The location
  • Disliked — The beds and the staff
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Atlanta
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2007

When I saw the Hilton in Brussels I knew I would be getting the quality and service I had come to expect in the United States. That was not the case. My room was less than 20square feet, the tv remote was broken, the air conditioner did not work, the breakfast was horrible (for 29.95 euros, per person). Powdered eggs, burnt sausages, warm juices, and even though there was advertisements for made-to-order omlets, no one ever came to cook them even though 5 people stood there waiting. Poor quality and service.

Stayed May 2007
Amsterdam
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2007

Hotel is in a great location. Near Brussel Gare du Nord (5min walk) and walking distances to various tourist attractions, shops and restaurants. It is easy to rent a bicycle in Brussel and there is a bicycle stand near the Hilton too, very convenient.
We found the service in this hotel disappointing. As HiltonHonors we prefer to stay in Hilton hotels: went to Luxemburg in Feb where staff was much more hospitable and helpful than here. We had an upgrade to a bigger room (on our request) but rooms appear to be smal in general.
Breakfast is good. We had a nice experience when drinking cocktail at the bar. Bartender Youssef knew, in contrary to his reception colleagues, a lot better how to treat his guests.
Fitness/health club is good but small (low ceiling) and really hot on warm days.
On average nice hotel but don't expect any major sucking up ;-)

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Hospitality
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Hilton Brussels City? Share your experiences!