“Good, Upper standard Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Brussels City

You added Hilton Brussels City to your Saves list
Hilton Brussels City
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Place Rogier 20 | Sint-Joost-ten-Node, Saint-Josse-ten-Noode, Brussels 1210, Belgium   |
Special Offer
Save 33% on Weekend Stays
“Good, Upper standard Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

One night at a Businesstrip - but very satisfied with helpful and friendly staff. In the mid of Brussels - Down-Town is only five minutes away. I had a room towards the street, therefor the noise level at morning was higher - but this is bad luck.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

VieriBiticchi, General Manager at Hilton Brussels City, responded to this review, March 25, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on Tripadvisor.

We are glad to read you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for your kind feedback concerning our Staff which I will gladly share.

We regret about the noise level you encountered. Please do not hesitate to request an inner court guest room on your next visit, we will gladly accommodate this request.

Thank you for having chosen the Hilton Brussels City and look forward in welcoming you back in the near future.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (199)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

We stayed at the Hilton Brussels City for 2 nights. Perfect hotel for a weekend stay in Brussels. Very good location, walking distance to major sights, good service and enjoyed the breakfast buffet every morning.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
VieriBiticchi, General Manager at Hilton Brussels City, responded to this review, March 18, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on Tripadvisor.

We are delighted to read that you fully enjoyed your stay with us and with pleasure I will share your comments to the team.

Indeed we are centrally located making us the ideal starting point to explore all that the city has to offer.

Brussels
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

Your staff are a credit to your organisation everyone was friendly courteous and helpful this included staff on reception cleaning staff and bar staff. This all went to add to what was a very enjoyable stay

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on Tripadvisor.

We are delighted to read that you fully enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for your great comments concerning the team!
The takes great pride in service delivery and it will be a great pleasure for me to share your comments.

Thank you very much for having chosen the Hilton Brussels City and look forward in welcoming you back in the near future.

Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

I stayed here for two nights. It was very accessible from the train stations Brussels-Noord which was nice. I took the train from the airport and then just had to walk about 5 minutes to arrive at the hotel. Whoever checked me in was amazing and full of information. I am a Diamond with Hilton so she upgraded me to a deluxe room. She was disappointed that the 9th floor room was available, but I told her that I don't really care about the floor, as I didn't plan to be in my room. I found it weird that you had to go up stairs to get to the elevators to the rooms, not very friendly with bags etc, but no big deal. Elevators are extremely small and slow, but on arrival to the floor it was nice. The floor/hallways were well maintained and very clean, except that the ice machines are just in the halls and look like they are dated to the 80s... first hotel I have stayed at that just locates these right in the hallway and not in a alcove or separate room. Upon entry into my room I was pleasantly surprised. I am not sure if all rooms in the hotel have hardwoods, or just the deluxe rooms, but I was a HUGE FAN. I love hardwoods, and they were a welcome surprise to the hotel. Furnishings were well maintained and nice sized TV. Disapointed that the hotel does not provide luggage racks, as there was no place to keep my suitcase on, so had to keep zipping and unzipping it etc.... most all hotels have those, especially Hiltons. The bathroom was nice with a great sized tub. Be VERY careful though, there are no anti slip mats etc and the tub is EXTREMELY slippery, I actually slipped and fell! Those are both minor things, and I should no better then drinking two glasses of wine then trying to shower! The only big complaint I have about the room is the bed. I stay in hotels approx. 15-18 nights per month for work, and this was my most unfavorite bed I have EVER stayed in. DEF. not Hilton product. The bed it self was comfortable, however the bedding barely covered the bed. The comforter on top goes just to the edge of the bed, not over the side, so when you are lying in it and have the covers over you, they creep up and don't cover about 4-6 inches on each side... I was staying alone so was not a big deal, but if there were two people in the bed, Id be surprised if it would work.

I didn't have the food, but the bar staff was helpful and the staff in the breakfast room were amazing. The Front Desk staff helped me out with places to see and how to get trains to Brugge for the day. I would probably stay someplace else next time, because I am a bed snob. Normally Hilton beds are my favorite so that would steer me to the Sheraton or Crowne Plaza next time, but all in all not a bad hotel.

Room Tip: Get one of the Deluxe rooms on the corners. Two walls with windows was great!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Dear Jarod M,

Thank you for your review on tripadvisor.

We are glad to read you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciate your constructive feedback concerning our areas of improvement.

Thank you for your comments concerning the location of our Ice Machines, bathtub anti slip treatment and the comfort of your bed. We will indeed look into this.

All our guests feedback is of great importance to us as it allows us to constantly improve the level of service we provide to all our guests.

Thank you for having chosen the Hilton Brussels City and your loyalty towards our Brand.
We look forward in welcoming you back in the near future.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014 via mobile

Brussels is a small city with all places of interest well within a small area. It is easy to do sight-seeing from Hilton Brussels as the hotel location is excellent. The busy shopping street is just across the street with lovely restaurants are within 15 min walk situated near Place Katheleen. Do look out for Fin du Siècle, a restaurant popular with locals and serve stoemp or carbonnede, typical Belgium food or Roubyman for seafood specialities including mussels and fries. Hilton Brussels property is a tad old but is definitely value for money in view of its excellent location. Most important, during my stay there, Matthiis Soete, the staff who checked us in at reception, makes all the difference. He makes sure we are well taken care of attending to all the details. We have a nice corner room upgrades to executive room and with welcome drinks being Hilton Honours Gold member. He also make sure we have great choices for restaurants around the hotel for dinner. Thank you Mathiis , and I look forward to see similar examples of excellent customer services at all Hilton properties!

Stayed March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on Tripadvisor.

It was a pleasure for me to read your review and thank you for your fantastic feedback concerning Mathijs which I will gladly share with all the Team.

Indeed we are centrally located located and walking distance to main attractions such as the Rue Neuve shopping area, La Grand Place and St. Catherine church surrounded by its characterizing brasseries.

Thank you for choosing Hilton Brussels City and look forward in welcoming you back in the near future.

berkshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

We travelled to Brussels by Eurostar for a weekend visit and to celebrate both mine and my husband's birthdays. We stayed at the Brussels City Hotel for two nights with our daughter who booked the trip for us. The staff were so helpful and they looked after us all really well, we even got a complimentary upgrade on our rooms (HH status).
Location was great, very close to the hop on/off sightseeing bus stop and near a number of city sights and restaurants. We visited the bar a few times while we were there and bar staff were very friendly with suggestions of places to visit. We ate in the hotel restaurant on the first night, the food was delicious and the service good. This is a hotel we would stay at again if we return to Brussels.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on Tripadvisor.

We are glad to read you fully enjoyed your stay with us, especially our location and your dining experience at our Bien Belge restaurant.
Our “Bien Belge Living Lounge” has a contemporary design offering a selection of traditional and modern home-made Belgian specialties which we are glad you enjoyed.

Thank you for having chosen the Hilton Brussels City and loyalty to our Brand.
We look forward in welcoming you back in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014 via mobile

I visited recently on a one Night business trip. The room was small and uninviting and shabby in places. The marble floor in the bathroom was poorly cleaned and it seemed that the floor had been cleaned and polished to a poor standard with grime patches behind the doors . The check in was unwelcoming and the girl on duty looked unsure of her role . Dissapointed I'm many ways - after all, this is a Hilton! Will try the Crowne Plaza next door next time.

• Stayed March 2014
VieriBiticchi, General Manager at Hilton Brussels City, responded to this review, March 9, 2014
Dear Dave G,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on tripadvisor.

We regret to read that your stay did not fully meet your expectations.

Please rest assured that your comments will be discussed with the front office manager, to further focus on additional training for our new starters, and our Housekeeping manager concerning your room condition.

I would like to share that all our rooms are undergoing a soft renovation and we will complete all rooms by end of April.

We sincerely hope to be able to welcome you back into the near future and have the opportunity in gaining your trust towards our level of services offered.

I remain at your disposal.

Hotel Manager

Been to Hilton Brussels City? Share your experiences!