“Great location and service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Brussels City

Save Saved
You added Hilton Brussels City to your Saves list
Hilton Brussels City
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Place Rogier 20 | Sint-Joost-ten-Node, Saint-Josse-ten-Noode, Brussels 1210, Belgium   |
Special Offer
Summer Sale - From €90
Dallas, Texas
“Great location and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

This ill be our 6th visit to this hotel. The location is ideal for visits to Brussels and surrounding cities. The train station within an easy walk from the hotel gives you the chance to see many of the tourist locations around Europe and an easy connection the the airport. The service on this
visit was fantastic. Mustapha El Gayati and the staff on his shift made the stay even better. They went out of their way to make sure all our needs where met and exceeded. The hotel is clean and the breakfast was very good. We will back.

Room Tip: Request a deluxe room, they are larger
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
VieriBiticchi, General Manager at Hilton Brussels City, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Dear Traveler,

Thank you for leaving a review on Tripadvisor and especially for your loyalty toward towards the Hilton Brussels City.

It a pleasure to read that you fully enjoy your stays with us! I have personally shared your great feedback with Mustapha and team.

We sincerely look forward in welcoming you once again in the near future.

1,227 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

The Brussels Hilton is located in a central portion of the city. Hotel is fairly small. I was carrying a large suitcase (two weeks of business travel) and the elevators are located up a small flight of stairs. There's a ramp, but it's not big enough to handle my suitcase, so it was a bit annoying getting to the elevators. The rooms are SMALL (think Manhattan-size) and at least the room I was in had wooden floors, making it a bit noisier than hotels with carpeted rooms. The bed is comfortable and European style (no full sheets). The most annoying thing I found about the rooms is that the bathroom light was hooked up to a motion detector, so if you get up in the middle of the night the light turns on and you have to manually turn it off when you return to bed. Staff was friendly, but especially in the restaurant were not particularly efficient. Overall, this was an OK place to stay and I would do so again, but next time I'll return to the Crowne Plaza airport or maybe try the Sheraton across the street.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear Matt H,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on tripadvisor.

We are glad to read that overall you enjoyed your stay and thank you for complementing the staff. On a different note we regret that not all areas met your expectation and appreciate your feedback concerning the light in the bathroom.

Please note that we offer a range of rooms types, which also vary in size, from Classic to Deluxe and Suites.

I thank you for having chosen the Hilton Brussels City. We hope to have the opportunity in welcoming you back in the near future and attempt to gain your loyalty towards our property.

Hermosa Beach, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

I stayed here 3 nights last summer as I was travelling through Europe. The location is great for getting around Brussels. The hotel itself is not that big and it has 1 decent restaurant close to the lobby. The was not very impressed with the rooms though. I had ordered a queen size bed and instead they gave me two single beds pushed together and this was rather uncomfortable. The customer service was actually very good.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
VieriBiticchi, General Manager at Hilton Brussels City, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Dear Jgrammatic,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on Tripadvisor.

We sincerely appreciate your great comment concerning our staff and please accept our apologies for the room type delivered. Due follow up will be done in order that we do our utmost to prevent this from re occurring.

Indeed we are centrally located making us the ideal starting point to explore what the city has best to offer.

Thank you for having chosen the Hilton Brussels City and we look forward in welcoming you back in the near future.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

Hilton is a fantastic brand, and so are some of their hotels. Hilton Bruxelles at Place Rogier is not among them. The lobby and bar area is very nice, and the location is good if you happen to have business in that part of town - which I did. So far, so good. However - bringing a voucher, I didn't actually expect to pay for anything, except for breakfast if I decided to - something, which I often decide not to. But at check-in, I had the choice between either paying € 20,- for internet access ( which I couldn't be without ) or to accept their generous offer of a "business package" at € 35,- including internet and breakfast. But I had to make the choice there and then - otherwise no "package". So I paid € 35,-. The room was small - just enough space for a small double bed, a desk and a chair. The bathroom was tiny - no matter what I did, I knocked something down or mad a terrible noise banging into the shower cabin doors. Next morning, I felt that I didn't really have a choice but having breakfast - a mediocre buffet one of its kind. Had much better breakfasts at two and three star hotels. All in all an uninteresting and quite disappointing experience. The only thing I was thinking to cheer myself up was that I hadn't paid the € 409,-, which it said on the door was the standard price of my room. Actually, paying even a third of that would have hurt...

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear Steinar V,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on Tripadvisor.

We sincerely regret that your stay did not meet your expectations.
Concerning the Internet, please be advised that we currently offer complimentary internet in the hotel public areas only. In regards to your room, we offer a range of guest rooms from classic to deluxe and suites which also vary in size.

We appreciate your comment on our breakfast and regret it also did not meet up to your expectation as we are generally receiving a positive feedback from our guests.

Please note that the price you mentioned is a room price listing requirement present in all hotels which represents the maximum rate that can be legally applied and unlikely ever applied.

We sincerely hope to have the opportunity in welcoming you back in the future and provide us the opportunity to fully meet your expectations.

Hyderabad, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

Hotel is right in city center and walkable distance to all tourist attractions. One my friend took me on a walking tour and we were able to cover most parts in 6 hours. The hotel building itself is very old , there are not many options for food inside the hotel but many restaurants around the place. They dont car parking for guests, it is street parking. I had tough time to get my car out of public parking outside hotel. Lots os noise from the streets ( police sirens) all through night, you need ear plugs to get a peaceful sleep.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Dear VinodMorsa,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on tripadvisor.

We are glad to read that you overall enjoyed your stay with us taking great advantage of our central location.

Our restaurant, the Bien Belge Living Lounge, offers a taste of Beglian flavors for our guests to enjoy. Indeed in our sorroundings, by St. Catherine Church, there are a wide range of typical brasseries to choose from.

We regret you encountered street noise during your stay. Please note that we also offer inner court rooms and other guest rooms facing a more quite lateral street hoping this could come in handy on a future visit.

Thank you for having chosen the Hilton Brussels City and we hope to have the opportunity in welcoming you back in the near future.

Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

When I travel to foreign countries, I always enjoy staying at Hilton Hotels because they provide a consistent experience wherever I am. I like the amenities that they offer, their locations within cities and how their rooms are appointed.

Brussels Hilton City Centre provided a great experience overall. I stayed for 2 nights and intended the hotel as a launching pad for sightseeing. Going into it, I received a great rate on the room, so I wasn't even expecting that I received. The hotel is positioned within 5 mins walking of both Gare du Nord train station and Rogier Metro station. It's also located across the street from Rue Neuve (Brussel's main pedestrian shopping street), which leads into the main tourist attractions in Brussels.

I enjoyed the hotel for its quality, the very pleasant service staff at the hotel's front counter, it's relatively central location, and the design/appointments of the room.

My one complaint about the hotel is what it charges for access to Wifi --- 20€ for a 24 hour period. The base room rate at the hotel is around 400€ a night; I'd like to think for that price, Wifi would be included. Not to mention, when I did use the Wifi, it continually dropped my connection on all of my devices... But in the scope of my stay, it wasn't a deal breaker, I'd still highly recommend the hotel to other travelers.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
VieriBiticchi, General Manager at Hilton Brussels City, responded to this review, February 17, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on Tripadvisor.

We are glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and particularly appreciated the hospitality of our Reception team. I will gladly share your comments with them.

Thank you for your comments concerning the wifi. Please note that we offer complimentary wifi in hotel public areas and restaurants. Also, we have proceeded to in requesting a wifi signal control in all our areas to prevent your issue from reoccurring in the future.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

Stayed here with a travelzoo deal where you got a standard double room but could upgrade at check-in if there were rooms available. Even though we there before 11am though they had no upgrades which is a shame as their standard double is quite small for a couple - bed, desk to the side and small en-suite to the side next to the wardrobe. It was also boiling hot meaning we had to open up all windows and it was very noisy with the roads below. They had managed to sort the heat though by the following morning so the last two night were OK.

Breakfasts were pretty good I have to say - good base to go exploring and the location is EXCELLENT. Right outside the Metro station, across the road from the main shopping street which takes you down through town and to all the tourist sites and a 2min walk from Gare Du Nord to go to Ghent, Bruges etc.

Would recommend if it has bedroom deals on, if just for location but size and comfort-wise, not amazing.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Traveler,

Thank you for your review on tripadvisor.

We are glad to read that you overall enjoyed your stay with us and particularly appreciating our Breakfast offering and our central location.

We regret you were not able to receive an upgrade to one of our deluxe rooms upon your arrival as unfortunately it was not available. Concerning the temperature, with pleasure I would like to share with you that we will be proceeding in installing new thermostats in all guest rooms to ensure easier temperature control for our guests.

Thank you for having chosen the Hilton Brussels City and look forward in welcoming you back in the near future.

Hotel Manager

Been to Hilton Brussels City? Share your experiences!