“A big mess” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Brussels City

You added Hilton Brussels City to your Saves list
Hilton Brussels City
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Place Rogier 20 | Sint-Joost-ten-Node, Saint-Josse-ten-Noode, Brussels 1210, Belgium   |
Special Offer
Save 33% on Weekend Stays
Brussel, The Netherlands
“A big mess”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

I selected to this hotel based on its proximity to the ERC building. The hotel shut off the central heating in mid April, and the room was decidedly cold on arrival. The staff did not know or understand this basic fact, and fiddled for at least one hour with controls, valves, and buttons to try to turn on the heather. Eventually they gave up and I had to sleep with a portable electric heater emitting a strong red light all night long. The Internet connection was fairly expensive (20EUR) and turned out to work rather poorly -- in fact not at all at times. I booked this relatively expensive hotel on an important business trip to avoid "bad surprises". I had plenty.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (199)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Camberley, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

We stayed here over the last weekend for my 40th birthday. It is a lovely clean and modern hotel which is well located for Brussels site seeing with a Metro stop 150 yards from the hotel entrance.

The rooms were very clean and the bed was huge. There is a TV, minibar and well sized bathroom. There is free wifi in reception which was a nice touch. The breakfast buffet was good and there was plenty of choice for both coooked and continental options

The highlight of the hotel was the bar next to reception that we had a couple of drinks in after each evening out and before bed. The barman, Youssef, was great fun and we really enjoyed speaking with him about Brussels and his home country of Spain. He was so welcoming and very kindly opened a bottle of champagne for us at midnight of my birthday. Very happy!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Hudson, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Although the Hilton is situated conveniently in the center of Brussels, the rooms are minuscule European and very basic. I suppose my expectation of a Hilton was a little bit higher, having stayed in many Hilton hotels around the world.
The service and staff were efficient enough. Given the prices of hotels in Brussels, I guess this fits in to the mid range not obscenely expensive (not cheap either).

Room Tip: I was supposedly on the HiltonHonors floor...(6th)...nothing to write home to Mom about
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Tallinn, Estonia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

I had a single room. Well, it was the smallest room I've ever seen! The bathroom is just tiny! Yes, it was clean, the quality of cosmetics in the bathroom was good enough, but the room was too small.
The most unbelievable thing was that in a 4* hotel, where the majority of visitors are businessmen - the Internet access costs 7 EUR/hour! Unbelievable! Look, it is the year 2013, the center of Europe, business class hotel and I should pay extra for the Internet?! There is a free Internet even in some 2* hotel.
No shoe brush in the room.
Also it is a noisy place and even with the closed window it was difficult to sleep there.
Moreover, one night I was woken up by some alarm signal.
Also telephone in the room has very loud and unpleasant signal. Once somebody called to my room at night when I was sleeping. And believe me, I wasn't very happy to here this loud signal at night!
Ok, there are also positive things: good breakfast, location, friendly stuff. And usually if you are not planning you visit in advance, then Hilton is one of the hotels that always has rooms.
All in all, these negative aspects make me choose another hotel from the same price category instead of Hilton.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Durham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

This is a well above average hotel which you would always expect from Hilton. It is well situated in the centre of the city and is well presented internally. The only minor let downs for me were;

Housekeeping came in after first night and tidied but left used coffee cup by bed
Robe was like cardboard and well worn
Common areas are a little small making the hotel feel a little cramped when busy

Otherwise it was good.

The food is excellent and the staff were all very friendly and helpful.

Would stay again for sure.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Chicago, Il
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Spent 5 days at this hotel. This was my 2nd and 3rd time staying at the hotel. I had a one day break between stays in the same week.

My first room was small, but efficient, the second one was more spacious since it was on the HHonors floor, but the TV was quite old, not a flat screen.

Overall the tront desk staff was helpful and friendly. There were a few trainees on duty while I was there and they seem to multitask, the person who greeted me at the entrance to the hotel also delivered my room service.

Room service was OK, decent wine selection and desserts. I also ate at the restaurant twice, once for lunch and once for dinner. It seems to be a popular place for lunch since I was told that it was completely booked for lunch and was offered the option to eat at the bar or squeeze in at the long bar/table at the center of the restaurant. The special menu for lunch was good and good value. I wouldn't have dinner again, the wine I was given tasted like vinegar so I did not drink it and the service was extremely slow, almost nonexistent.

There's not much around the hotel, except for other hotels and a mall. I needed to wander out for breakfast each morning since the hotel's breakfast was expensive, I think around 30 euros. I walked for 20 minutes before finding something that was open before 8 amAfter 8 am, . the area comes to life.

The hotel is in walking distance to Grand Place and a train station I think Gare du Nord.

There are steps to get to the elevator which can be a pain if you have a lot of luggage. I also got stuck in the elevator once during my stay. It is also being refurbished so there was netting on the outside of the hotel.

Overall, quite different than my first stay there and after the third time all in all, a decent place to stay in Brussels.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

stayed one night on March 31 and I really enjoyed my room. Although I did't have enough time to spend in the room, while there, I really liked having a huge flat screen across from my huge bed which was very comfortable.

Location is a big advantage as well with a 3 min walk from the north train station and a mere 15 min from the Grand Place.

My flight was leaving late in the afternoon so I asked if I could have a late check out which was gladly given to me(3 pm) - thank you.

This is my hotel on my next visit to Brussels.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Been to Hilton Brussels City? Share your experiences!