The worst thing about this hotel is its staff. I can’t stress this enough.
On the positive side:
It’s about 4 blocks from Brussel Noord train station and across the street from the beginning of the pedestrianized shopping street. You can easily walk to the Grand Place and other places of interest.
On the negative side:
A- The hotel building needs urgent renovation. The décor of the reception is in poor taste, the breakfast room is not up to the standard, and the rooms –and I saw three of them- are old fashioned, small, with no views, and unacceptable TV sets. We had to get maintenance people come twice to operate de heating system.
B- The food served at breakfast is really below the standard you’d expect at a Hilton. There’s limited variety and poor quality. Not to mention the low quality tables and chairs. Staff argued in the room in front of the guests. Unacceptable.
C- The staff doesn’t live up to the name. When you see very young personnel, you automatically think they could be inexperienced. Well, that’s completely true here. For the type of Hotel and the location, the staff should speak perfect English. Well, they don’t. You have to resort to sign language to explain a problem to maintenance people. It’s embarrassing. But the worst thing is the arrogant attitude, especially of the young girls that work at the front desk. They don’t know what they’re talking about it, they confuse things, forget what you told them 5 minutes before, and worst of all, they treat you badly. They request your credit card as guarantee or otherwise a cash deposit. It’s a bit rude they automatically assume you’re going to consume or break something and get away without paying. Mishaps with the reservations, the room, problems with heating, the key, etc. They had us pack all our stuff and promised to move the suitcases to a better room in compensation for a problem. When we returned, the suitcases had never been moved to the new room, and the new room turned out to be much worse than the previous one. Horrible way of managing the establishment and dealing with customers. They should review who they hire, the training they provide, and perhaps the pay standards, if that’s the reason they have such unprofessional, inexperienced, disrespectful and rude employees. And I say this as a low-budget/mid-range traveler, not as a high-flying business executive. I’m not that pretentious or picky.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Highlights•Situated in the heart of Brussels near the Rue Neuve shopping district•A few minutes’ walk from Brussels Gare du Nord station•Close to World Trade Center and popular attractions including Grand Place City Square•Wireless internet access, business center and Scandinavian Wellness and Health Club •Bien Belge Living Lounge restaurant and bar serving Belgian specialties, fine wine and beerSituated in the center of downtown Brussels, within yards of Gare du Nord station and in close proximity to the Rue Neuve shopping district and the World Trade Center, the Hilton Brussels City hotel is the ideal place to stay when you are visiting Belgium’s capital. All the facilities are in place to allow you to remain productive during your stay. With wireless internet access, a business center and a range of meeting rooms you will be able to work with the minimum of hassle.After a busy day in Brussels or a long journey, you can relax and rejuvenate in the Scandinavian Wellness and Health Club and sample the delicious Flemish cuisine on offer in the Bien Belge Living Lounge restaurant and bar. Offering responsive service and stylish contemporary comfort in an enviable location, this Brussels hotel has everything you need to make the most of your stay in one of Europe’s most vibrant cities.Local Attractions •Stroll to Brussels’ famous Grand Place, the center of the Old City’s pavement café culture•Stop in at Marcolini’s Chocolatiers and buy some handmade Belgian chocolates to take home•Experience world class shops located on the Rue Neuve •Visit the Delerium Café•View one of the world’s finest collections of pre-modern art at the Musée d’Art Ancien ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, Hotels.com, EasyToBook, Agoda, Venere, Priceline and Otel so you can book your Hilton Brussels City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Brussels City Hotel Saint-Josse-Ten-Noode
- Brussels Hilton
- Hilton Brussels City Belgium