“Really Nice. Different. Great Value.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel BLOOM!

You added Hotel BLOOM! to your Saves list
Hotel BLOOM!
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Rue Royale 250, Saint-Josse-ten-Noode, Brussels 1210, Belgium   |
Special Price
15% off and free upgrade
Luxembourg
“Really Nice. Different. Great Value.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

I don't know how I found this hotel (maybe via TripAdvisor). I was looking for something nice, but reasonably priced in Brussels.

I was pleasantly surprised by the size of the room (and we had the cheapest room with 2 twin beds). Plenty of work space. A comfy chair for lounging. Stylish decor. And, very important for me, plenty of towels, toilet paper, and pillows.

The restaurant was also just what we wanted for dinner. Our server (Bubbles? They all had funny names) was the right amount of professional and flirty. The food was food.

Breakfast buffet also just fine. Nothing special, but absolutely nothing wrong with it.

I would recommend Hotel Bloom. I would stay there again. Fine for families, adults, couples . . .

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Roxy B, Manager at Hotel BLOOM!, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
Thank you for posting such a great review. We are happy you had all you needed and we’re glad to hear that “Bubbles” caught your attention positively! 

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

This was a very nice surprise having never heard of this hotel before. Very good service and beautiful new big room. Interior is pretty hip. Breakfast is excellent with lots of choices. I think it used to be a Best Western but they did a great job modernizing.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Roxy B, Manager at Hotel BLOOM!, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
It’s super you had a pleasant stay at BLOOM! Actually the hotel used to be a Mercure, not a Best Western, but indeed it has been totally redesigned in 2007.
Verona, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

Well located just in front of "botanique" metro's exit. The historical city center is well connected. Amazing place with an unforgettable room and very nice and friendly staff. Ther's a self cofee machine at client's disposal in the lobby. I hope to visit it as soon again!

Stayed November 2013
Roxy B, Manager at Hotel BLOOM!, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Thank you for all those compliments! We are happy and proud you want to visit us again!
Delft, Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

Pros:
Spacious, clean and wide room
Crib provided
Nice hotel vibe
Complete room amenities

Cons:
1km from the city centre (but there's metro)
No in-room food service (but there's a restaurant at GF)
Difficult tv remote
Scenery from the room's window is unpleasant
No night lamp, all light is too bright

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Roxy B, Manager at Hotel BLOOM!, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience at BLOOM! We are happy to hear you liked the hotel vibe and we will take good note of your advice.
Leeds, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

I booked this hotel as a birthday treat for my partner, after researching various hotels. The hotel is about a 15 minute walk to the north-east of the main Grand Palace square. I knew this before I booked and was generally pleased with the hotel location. There is both a tram and Metro stop virtually opposite the front of the Hotel, for convenience also.

On entering the hotel first impressions were very good, the hotel is decorated in a bright modern contemporary style and is fairly impressive, the whole place looks expensive once inside. We arrived just after 2pm, when check-in commenced at 2pm. There were a couple of people in front of us, and fairly quickly there was a large queue of about 13/ 15 people wanting to check-in, with one person behind the reception desk.

After queuing for about 5 minutes, another receptionist appeared at the counter. She explained to everyone to queue as there was no point in coming to the front of the queue to complain about the size of the quote as it would delay the process even further. When we did checked in, and were allocated a room on the 4th floor. The room looked very good, however we booked a Double King room, and were allocated a twin room. This really did annoy me, after the deciduous check-in process. I dont know if this was done as we are two men, and it was assumed we wanted a twin room? I went back to reception and went to the front of the queue to complain. The female receptionist then said becase the booking was through lastminute.com the room booked is a twin. I showed her the booking e-mail which clearly stated Double King, and was then allocated a new double room, room 611 on the 6th floor. We didnt receive much of an apology.

We finally got into our room, and were very impressed with the room. It was large, clean, modern, bright with nice luxury fixtures and furniture. I have no complaints regarding the room. It was spotless clean, and the bathroom was immaculate. The room had a large comfy bed with expensive sheets. Above the bed was a large original oil canvas painting. I would rate the 10/10 and was exceptional value for what the room cost. It was one of the best hotel rooms I have ever stayed in. Our room was located at the rear of the building and was quiet. We had a great night sleep on both nights. I also have no complains on the cleanliness and the cleaner who tended to the room.

We didn’t book breakfast at the hotel so can’t comment on this. We went to hotel bar on first night Saturday night, to find it didn’t open until 6pm, this was at 5.55pm. We decide to wait five minutes until it opened. When we did go in, we waited about 10 minutes until a person appeared behind the bar. The drinks were expensive although the bar and setting is nice.

In summary I think the hotel is fairly special in its interior design, value, facilities, comfort and décor, however the lack of staff and subsequent level of customer service is poor. I also think it be preferable to open the bar was open during the afternoon/ early evening.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Roxy B, Manager at Hotel BLOOM!, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Thank you for your review, we are sorry that you were not attributed the correct room type upon check-in but it’s great you finally loved the new one. We are going to do our best to improve our quality of service.
Liverpool, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

Overall, I think it's fairest to say that this hotel is overpriced.

The best thing (and the only justification for that price) is the location, convenient for walking into the centre, or getting the metro or a useful tram link. There is nightlife and shopping very close too.

You do get a nice size of room, and there's one nice chair for watching TV from (your partner will need to lie down!) The TV is a pain to operate with a crazy remote that works like a computer mouse but swings about wildly.

The much-vaunted coffee & tea maker came with just one bag of each (plus one decaff), no milk, and to get more you have to pay for another bag of one of each! That's really ungenerous at this price level. Also, the machine made a mess which I had to mop up. Just an unpretentious kettle in future, please!

If you do want more coffee, make sure you have time. Service was terrible. Every time I had to talk to reception I was kept waiting a long time, and staff did nothing to put off people who jumped the queue, even though they had clearly seen this happen. I also received a reply to an emailed query one day after getting home, even though the subject line of the email included my stay-date.

Cleaning was okay, but I found two damp patches on my floor when I arrived. It was evening, so unlikely to be recent cleaning. I would have complained (I expect they may say I should have mentioned this at the time) but by this point I was sick of queueing at reception.

Finally, on the decor, which is used as a big selling point: my room was a let-down. The "panoramic" room seems to merely mean a room on a high floor. It looked just like the pictures of the ordinary rooms... you could only open the net curtains from one third of the window anyway so it was far from panoramic. Finally, the artwork in my room (601) - well, this is obviously super-subjective, but it was merely a bit of interior design like you might see in an IKEA catalogue, not really interesting, and not worth making a fuss about. You might be more lucky with other rooms. But the hotel makes a real selling point about this so I expected something like what I'd seen on their website, where they obviously feature the best rooms.

On the up side, breakfast was pretty good, and the free wifi did work throughout the hotel. The bar was open nicely late. The air-con was effective and easy to control. Bathroom clean, and toiletries were good quality. There is also a free luggage room, but as mentioned before, beware how long they keep you waiting!

Room Tip: Based on this experience, I'd go for the cheapest option! Don't miss the chance on their web...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Roxy B, Manager at Hotel BLOOM!, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Thank you for your detailed review. We have taken into consideration your comments and we do apologize for the long queue at the reception as it was exceptionally busy at the hotel that week. We do hope you will consider us again for your next visit to Brussels.
Marietta, Ohio, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

Preview: I’ve spent many weeks in hotel bloom, and three of them were over the period of October-November 2013. This was a subsequent visit for me after several separate stays in years past. The best summary I can give in a couple sentences is that it is still my chosen hotel when in Brussels, and while a few things were not as I loved and remembered them, overall the stay was quite comfortable and felt like home.

From top to bottom:

When seeing pictures of Hotel Bloom, you will notice that it is a modern/stylish/trendy hotel and is well rated for one of the trendiest hotels worldwide. This does not mean it is a luxury hotel or something to make a world trip for, but in the realm of hotels, it is a fun and interesting stay and offers some unique aspects that keep the hotel experience feeling fresh and different.

The interiors of the hotel are quite modern and playful— astroturf island in the lobby, bamboo like branches painted on glass doors to obscure the view of office behind the front desk, and a restaurant and bar area that looks as much like a couch bar as it does a restaurant. Cartoons and swings in a corner by the elevators. All of these things are components of the Bloom experience.

Check in is relaxed and low key. You will find youngish employees managing your check in process and assigning your room. You’ll notice the ever-changing color of the mood lighting throughout the lobby, and normally a pulse of music everywhere in the lobby, eating areas, and even the elevators.

The rooms are as well decorated in a minimalist modern way as well— most areas are white, including walls, desk, bed stand and sides. Each room features a unique painting behind the bed and a description of the artist and sometimes contact information of the artist on the side wall. The furniture is also retro modern, and the carpet is a uniform short shag green in every room I’ve inhabited.

My original stays some years ago were absolutely outstanding and fantastic. The pulsing music in the elevator rocked me awake every morning— at first with a grimace— but when I left Brussels and visited other hotels I really yearned for that elevator music pulse to rock me awake on the way to breakfast. Not a lot has changed since my original visits and this almost-month-long stay, but a few finder points were less honed, and while I had only one real issue it was solved immediately.

Upon my first check in in October, I received a room that had quite a bit of scuffs on the walls. A hotel committing to all white walls is also committing to a lot of mid-term upkeep and magic sponge wall attention, and this room clearly hadn’t received it. As well, it had a few stains on the carpet. I also had problems with wifi and the TV, so I approached the front desk. I was promptly given an apology and was assigned a different room. All was well in the new room.

The front desk service was very calm and adequately friendly. The hotel experience in Europe and Brussels is different than in the US, so if you are a US traveler and this is your first experience, this is a very normal check in experience. You might think it’s slow. It’s not lightning speed, every customer gets special attention and time without rushing you.

Since my prior visits, the hotel has replaced all of the TV’s in the guest room with large, beautiful Samsung LCD’s (I’d guess 37” or 42”), that are vibrant and attractive. The TV has a unique interface to them which can also play music, log you in to some social media options and browse the web. It is a nice menu but the drawback is that I had some technical glitches with it in every room I visited. Navigating the menu is not done by arrows on the remote but by swinging the remote around in the air like a Nintendo Wii. This was awkward and imprecise. I spent most of my mornings - nights at the office, so it wasn’t a huge disruption for me until I had one that wouldn’t turn on until I power cycled the TV & box every time, to get it to turn on. Spent a lot of mornings wanting music and being aggravated because the TV wouldn’t turn on and a lot of nights aggravated because I had to get out of bed to unplug it because it wouldn’t turn off. The hotel needs to work with the vendor to fix this system.

Wifi is free everywhere in the hotel, and even at peak hours in the evening was usable for general surfing. At non-peak times I was able to to large downloads and app updates with no issue. They were expectedly slower at peak times.

The bed was firm and unusually comfortable for a firm bed, in every room that I visited. Adequate luggage space exists underneath, and the room has nice spaces designed into the desk/TV area for luggage, backpacks, and other travel items to sit up off the floor and within easy reach. Each room is also equipped with a refrigerator, safe, closet area and bathroom. A coffee machine (Senseo) is also there. The configuration varies by room, but they all have these features as a minimum. Sleep quality is good, and the curtains can black out very well. The window will open a few inches. The AC is adequate at the times of year they allow you to use it— and it seems to shut off sometime in October. This also is fairly typical in European hotels. The rooms were all adequately quiet, knowing that there are some street traffic, some sirens and a concert hall not far away.

One of the highlights of this hotel is the expansive breakfast area— beautiful, interesting, comfortable, and in my previous visits— bumping to the pulse of new music. This time though, the music was much quieter, sometimes “off” in the mornings, and even after I mentioned it to the hotel via Twitter, still some days we’d find it off in the morning. For me this is a key personality trait of the hotel and some re-training time should be done to reinforce this as a very important element of the breakfast room experience. I also noticed this stay that the hotel has become more popular with business travelers and some older travelers, so it is possible they’re trying to please a larger range of expectations for the volume of music in the morning. We had some sad mornings missing the music, and I hope this is a point of conversation with the team there. Breakfast opened very promptly every morning and if not, only 2-3 minutes late.

As far as service of the room goes, every day my room was cleaned to my high expectations— bed was made, no lint or dirt found, bathroom was fully clean & spotless. The only small frowns came with some small inconsistencies on various room services: One day after sending away laundry, my room cleaner didn’t replace my laundry bag and sheet so I could send more. I’m probably the uncommon traveler in that way. One day my free water wasn’t replaced, and one day even after the front desk suggested that I could have housekeeping take away my laundry, my bag of laundry was left in my room even through the cleaning time and no one touched it. Very small things, but they were noticed. Small things to reinforce, and not enough to really make a serious disappointment.

In summary, and in line with my title, this is the same Hotel Bloom the I have come to love over the last couple years, with just a bit less Boom. Same Bloom, less Boom. A satisfied customer will return.

Room Tip: Rooms ending in 47 are end rooms and are a bit bigger.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Roxy B, Manager at Hotel BLOOM!, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Thank you for this very detailed review, it will really help us to improve ourselves, especially for the TV system and the music. We are happy to know that you are a returning guest and will stay one.

Been to Hotel BLOOM!? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hotel BLOOM!

Address: Rue Royale 250, Saint-Josse-ten-Noode, Brussels 1210, Belgium
Location: Belgium > Brussels > Saint-Josse-ten-Noode
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Saint-Josse-ten-Noode
Hotel Class:4 star — Hotel BLOOM! 4*
Hotel BLOOM! is a unique hotel in the heart of Brussels where no two rooms are alike. Each light-filled room is decorated with a unique hand painted fresco created by a young European artist. You can pick a room to your own taste. From sober to crazy: the choice is all yours.Whether you’re here to work or to have fun, at BLOOM! you will immediately feel a creative vibe that will inspire you and bring you new ideas. Stay with us and live a unique experience. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Hotel BLOOM! reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Bloom Hotel Brussels
Hotel BLOOM! Brussels, Belgium

If you own or manage Hotel BLOOM!, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.