“Wonderful!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Brussels Hotel

You added Sheraton Brussels Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Brussels Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Place Rogier 3, Saint-Josse-ten-Noode, Brussels 1210, Belgium   |
Atlanta, Georgia
“Wonderful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

We had a GREAT time at this hotel. We were upgraded to a VERY nice room upon arrival. The room was clean and very comfortable, with an excellent view. We took a taxi from the train station, and the taxi driver knew where the hotel was and there were no problems finding it. It is walking distance from the city. We were impressed with how nice the hotel was, the free upgrade, and the great view from the room!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Palmer_SBH, General Manager at Sheraton Brussels Hotel, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
We are so pleased to hear of your wonderful stay, and thank you for telling the world about it!
Our entire team looks forward to welcoming you back soon to your 'home-away-from-home' in Brussels :)
All the best,
Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Somerset, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

My husband and I visited Belgium and stayed here for 2 nights in January 2014. The staff were very friendly and helpful - they also spoke very good English.

The room was spacious and clean, with a view of the city. The décor was a bit old fashioned for my liking, but I guess you can't have it all!

We used the gym facilities which were good - and open early in the morning.

It is fairly central, and the parking facilities are close by.

Overall, a nice hotel and convenient location.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your kind and positive comments, our "very friendly and helpful staff" appreciates that you have taken the time!
We are glad that you have overall enjoyed our clean, spacious and comfortable guestrooms, and certainly hope you and your husband will come back soon for another stay at the Sheraton Brussels!
All the best,
UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Disappointing is the word for this Sheraton. Staff are delightful and very helpful but the rest of it? Not so good and especially not at the prices they charge. Rooms are spacious with very comfortable beds, good lighting and nice bathrooms if (and it's a big if) you are on one of the refurbished floors. If not, then it will be dingy and uninviting. I was lucky to have one of the updated rooms so was comfortable. Rooms have air conditioning but it barely worked in my room and some of my companions couldn't get it at all.

However, don't accept on of the rooms with interconnecting doors to the next one (e.g. 1526 or 28). I was woken at 2am by some very noisy guests arriving back next door and then partying for the next half hour!

Big drawback is the WiFi. Free for 30 minutes but at such a slow speed it's useless unless you connect in the middle of the night. If you pay (€5 for 24 hours for standard service) it again depends what time of day you attempt to access it. Between the hours of midnight and 5am it's quite fast. Otherwise, start downloading and go shopping or something for an hour. And that's if you can even connect in the first place. It's free in the lobby but I really didn't want to trek down there every time I needed to check something.

The other odd thing is no restaurant open in the evening, just a food service in the bar where there are very few tables. Only two members of staff on duty working at full stretch but unable to cope with large numbers of drinks orders as well as food orders. The food was quite good but only warm by the time it arrived.

Breakfast is good however with freshly squeezed orange juice and a wide range of hot and cold buffet dishes. On Sundays it is available until 2pm which is astonishing and very welcome!

Location: good. Next to a Metro (Rogier) and just a 10-15 minute walk to Grand Place along one of the main shopping streets. Easily reached from Midi station by metro as well.

Room Tip: Avoid the interconnecting rooms. Ask for a refurbished floor.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
The "lovely staff" thanks you for taking the time to write such a thorough review. We appreciate all feedback, both the positive and the not so positive :)...
We hope you will come back again to try us again in a 'less busy' (and less unseasonably hot & humid) period. All the 'pluses' you have mentioned await you, including our Longest Breakfast, on until 2pm on weekends and bank holidays!
Prague, Czech Republic
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

This is a typical highly priced business hotel for people who do not have to pick their bills personally. All worked well there but could do with a bit of modernization.
There was a nice view from my room and it was a good size with plenty of storage too.
Paid Internet connection is a disgrace in such an expensive hotel.
Bathroom was OK but just, a bigger person could struggle with narrow bath and stepping in and out of shower. Room service was not overly generous with replenishing toiletries.
Anybody can wander around the hotel as the lifts work without a card validation.
Bar staff was OK but you had to order at the bar, strange.
Front desk was somehow impersonal and slow.
Overall, uneventful stay, didn't try gym and pool and only ate one breakfast in the hotel restaurant so cannot judge food.
Will try somewhere a bit more charismatic next time.

Room Tip: Rooms on higher floors have a nice view and are quieter at night.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Thank you Lucie for your 4-star review. We are glad that you overall enjoyed your stay with us and hope you will choose to come back again to the Sheraton when you are next in Brussels!
USJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

A good location for visitors in Brussels.

Very spacious room with good price.

Wide varieties of food choices from surrounding area. If you want to get panorama view of Brussels city, go to the top (30th floor). Probably the best spot for view of the city.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dear LyeKit,
We appreciate that you have taken the time to leave your opinion on this website. We are glad to read that you appreciated our price-value ratio, our convenient location in the central part of Brussels, and also enjoyed our large and comfortable guestrooms which unique views over the rooftops of Europe's Capital city. We certainly hope you will come back again to see us again soon!
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

After losing my phone, containing my credit card, debit card and drivers license, in London, my two small children and I arrived in brussels Saturday at 7 pm. Luckily, I had USD$$ to exchange, but no cash exchanges open. Unlucky for me, the first hotel I encountered, assuming they'd help me with my plight, was the Sheraton. After a very kind doorman offered to guide me, the three attendants behind the counter (2 women, 1 man) proceeded to inform me (with my kids AND all of our luggage in tow) that they were sorry but the $$ exchange was for registered guests only. Seriously?? I was at a complete loss!! I had a few hundred dollars that I needed exchanged for euros, willing to do it at whatever price to get my kids and I through our last 2 days in Europe, and you can't help?? Shame on you. I hope I never see you in the good ol' USA with the same plight! Luckily, the Thon hotel, around the corner, was a tremendous help, going above and beyond to help! I'd definitely suggest staying there!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Palmer_SBH, General Manager at Sheraton Brussels Hotel, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Dear Katcase,
We are sorry to read of your plight, and our staff should have shown sympathy and empathy towards your situation. However, truthfully our staff was following standard hotel procedure which is to perform currency exchange transactions only for hotel guests due to security reasons. Our staff are normally judged positively for "friendliness", but I think their hands were tied in this case. We are sorry for that.
Kind regards,
Columbia, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

The hotel is ok -- nothing really bad, but nothing that was great. The hotel appears to be older, some cracks and obvious usage in the bathroom, and a sagging mattress on the side of the bed that all the previous travelers slept on. The desk lamp gets considerably hot (burned my finger) and for some odd reason, the shower has the smallest bathtub I think I have ever stepped into. I could not actually stand flat footed in the bathtub....a very strange non flat tub. The breakfast buffet was Ok, not sure it is worth 25 Euro. Overall, you can probably do better for $300 per night.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Palmer_SBH, General Manager at Sheraton Brussels Hotel, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on this website. We certainly aim to be better than just "average", and hope you will try us again on your next visit to Brussels so we can try to show you the Sheraton-difference.
Hotel Manager

Been to Sheraton Brussels Hotel? Share your experiences!