“Don't overlook this hotel - great value for money” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Brussels Hotel

You added Sheraton Brussels Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Brussels Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Place Rogier 3, Saint-Josse-ten-Noode, Brussels 1210, Belgium   |
Sheffield
“Don't overlook this hotel - great value for money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

Just come back from a 4 day city break in Brussels and have to say that the Sheraton offered everything we wanted from a hotel. The location is perfect - the Metro station and bus stops are across the road, there is a super market just underneath, there is a covered shopping centre across the road and also easy access to the pedestrian streets that take you to all the popular sights of the city.

The room was very spacious and there was lots of hanging space and storage shelves for clothes. There was a fridge and the maid didn't take out our things and put back the hotels so that was a bonus. The safe was a standard one where you put in your own code and don't have to pay a deposit. The beds were comfy and there was lots of spare bedding in the wardrobe. The TV had lots of channels to choose from and we weren't just stuck with the usual English channels.

There is building work going on around the hotel - looks like they are building another entrance to the metro - but the noise didn't affect us. However, the air conditioning unit was not very effective and we did find that we had to have the window open on a couple of nights.

The swimming pool is small but adequate - you can get a good speed up before you have to turn around! The colour wasn't as blue as in the pictures I have seen and I had problems seeing the bottom of the pool when I put my head under the water. But I haven't caught any disease and the cold water was refreshing.

We didn't visit the restaurant or the bar but my daughter did make use of the PCs in the reception and the free wifi.

All in all, a great hotel in a great location with very professional and pleasant staff. Checking in and out was very smooth and the concierge who looked after our bags was witty and polite.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Palmer_SBH, General Manager at Sheraton Brussels Hotel, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Thank you Janie for taking the time to leave a review. Our "very professional and pleasant staff" is glad to read that you overall enjoyed your stay and found it to be a "great hotel" and a "great value". We do hope to see you and your family back soon in Brussels!
Safe travels and very kind regards,
Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Sydney, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

Where do I start, this was the worst place for service that I have ever stayed at, and a very dangerous location. They did not like to communicate in english at all. I;m an aussie and my wife is canadian, we were constantly brushed of by the Extremely rude concierges' .. The location is not safe after 10pm...There are signs all over the hotel that warn about theft. Beggers and sleazy people frequent the street right outside of the door. My wife was constantly harrassed every time that she tried to walk outside for a smoke, which the concierges' found amusing. On the second night of our stay we went down town and had a great dinner etc. Just before we got to the hotel door, I was knocked down from behind by a person that jumped me from a doorway and he tried to flee with my wallet. I gave chase and got my wallet back. We went back to the hotel pretty upset and asked the concierge. (Alexandre Boulaner) to call the police. HE REFUSED TO DO THIS! AS It was not a good look for the hotel! I argued the point and when he finally did it, the police turned up, the concierge....spoke to them in french only and my wife and I were handcuffed and taken to the police station..After suffering this embarressment and badly bruised wrists, we were held for two hours..only to be told that we were only there to identify a suspect. When we got back finally to the hotel, I had been given 150 euros by the police??? Alexandre Boulaner had gone and I was told that he had left for 2 weeks holiday. The duty manageron the next day completely fobbed us off, saying that thehotel security called the police and it was our fault! I have travelled to over 28 countries and lived in asia for over two years, I HAVE NEVER EXPERENCED SUCH RUDNESS AND DISRESPECT. Both the Australian and Canadian Consulates have been notified. Do Not STAY HERE.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Palmer_SBH, General Manager at Sheraton Brussels Hotel, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I'm sorry that you clearly weren't happy with your stay, or the location of the hotel. As you would expect for a hotel which caters predominantly for the business community, the majority of our front of house staff are multi-lingual. I can understand them communicating with the Police in French (because we wouldn't expect them to speak English), but they should certainly have been fluent in English with you.
As is common with many urban hotels, we do warn our guests in Brussels (as part of a specific campaign organized by BHA, the Brussels Hotel Association) if we become aware of local pickpockets operating. I'm sorry that despite these warnings you had your wallet stolen nearby, but I'm afraid you'll have to ask the police why they felt the need to handcuff you and take you to the police station.
Regards,
Hotel Manager

Travelers are raving about these Saint-Josse-ten-Noode hotels

Gennes, France
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

This was my second stay in this conveniently located property. The decor and ambiance are a little tired and dated. But the check-in was prompt and efficient. I was upgraded to a Club Floor room, which was very spacious. Again, the decor and fittings in both the bedroom and the bathroom were rather tired but it was clean and everything worked properly. And so did the airconditionning. The Club lounge was closed for the month which was a huge disappointment. You are offered insteads drinks and snacks at the bar which only has a crowdy, busy and noisy atmosphere, not what you would expect from a more intimate club lounge surroundings. Breakfast was very reasonable, laid out buffet stye. The scrambled eggs were actuallly excellent. The hotel could do with a refurbishment but the overall experience is extremly decent given the room rate charge, the Platinum benefits for SPG members are properly applied, the inroom WiFi is good so honnestly, you cannot complain. If they keep the rates low, I shall return !

Room Tip: Higher floor will give you a super view of the city
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
maripao, Executive Assistant at Sheraton Brussels Hotel, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Thank you for staying a second time at the Sheraton Brussels hotel recently and for your valuable review.
Dear FrenchieInLOndon,
We have carefully gone through your comment and we would like to inform you that we are in the initial planning phases for a significant room’s renovation in the near future, including the air condition system. Actually, we close some outlets during summer months as per low occupancy and mainly to have the opportunity to make technical maintenance and deep cleaning in the different spaces.
We are grateful for your nice feedback about the Club room, the scramble-eggs, the room cleaning and we look forward to welcoming back at the Sheraton Brussels Hotel in the future.
Best Regards,
Marie-Anne Paolillo
Executive Assistant
Dublin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

I have stayed in hotels all over Europe and several in Brussels but I have never been offered the service like you get in the Sheraton. If you decide to go to the toilet you can have a shower or a bath shave and your business but in the Sheraton you can also have your Tea or Coffee in the Toilet.
How neat is that ones wonders or how to get a disease without really trying do they not realise how many diseases are spread from the toilet. We arrived early in this hotel but were told our room was ready lovely except it was ready for one person not two one glass one cup one bottle of water and of course coffee in the loo.
On the second day of our stay a Vacume Cleaner arrived outside our door and there it stayed until I put a notice on it saying I refuse to vacume my own room as neither the room or the hallway had being cleaned the entire length of our stay pictures can be supplied.

All of these problums I blame on the management as they are not doing their jobs properly they look good talk the talk but in the main that is all I do not blame any of this on the hard working staff that clean the hotel or the ladies and gents who run the breakfast mornings the bar and all the menial tasks that the management could not care about they should be made to swap jobs and they would soon realize what a good job these people do I would love to see some of these pompous people working as a Kitchen Porter for a few days.
I think a call to the Brussels Health Board might be in order Coffee in the Loo my a.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Palmer_SBH, General Manager at Sheraton Brussels Hotel, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Dear Wrappido,
Indeed our complimentary coffee and tea-making facility (kettle) is located on a tray on the large bathroom counter and next to the only grounded-electrical plug in the room. Normally the bathroom counter and all items on it are cleaned thoroughly each day by our efficient housemaids, so there should be no germs or contamination that we are aware of.
We are not sure why your guestroom was not cleaned, unless you had the Do Not Disturb sign on the door, or you took part in the Make a Green Choice program where you forego housekeeping services completely? We do apologize for any miscommunication or inconvenience, and would invite you next time to contact our Guest Service Center at any time with additional questions or requests such as another towel or glass (with respect, note that the Sheraton standard is one free bottle of water in each guestroom per day regardless of the number of people).
With kind regards,
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

Whenever I visit Brussels, my favorite place to stay in Sheraton Brussels Hotel & Towers. Location wise most convenient to me, only few yards walking distance from Brussels Nord Rly. Station, centre of shopping, entertainment & tourist attractions.
I have observed so many ups and down in terms of its "quality services" during last few years, nonetheless, I like it since, few of the team members are so nice that I can't forget. Mr. Palmer Colamarino (Manager of the hotel) is one of the team members who is really a rare quality personnel. Perhaps, his personalized service, friendly behavior and "do it now" attitude compelled me to check-in the hotel, time to time, every time. Hope, in the days to come, more quality services will be available through his hard work and "noble intention" of the Sheraton Management.

Room Tip: Suite in 25th & 26th Floor is better no doubt, but Higher floors Club room are also very nice.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
maripao, Executive Assistant at Sheraton Brussels Hotel, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Dear Santifs,
Thank you for your nice comments following your recent stay at your favourite hotel. With the friendly behaviour and ‘do it now’ attitude of our Hotel Manager, we will all continue to personalize the service in order to improve quality to our guests.
We look forward to welcoming you again at the Sheraton Brussels Hotel!
Warm regards,
Marie-Anne Paolillo
Personal Assistant
Lancaster, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

booked 2 rooms for 3 nights a week before we needed to go at an extremely reasonable price compated to everything else advertised nearby. reasonable sized rooms if a little tired. could do with a bit of an upgrade but quite clean. hotel seemed very busy. lots of airline staff booking in & out. great location for both shopping & sightseeing. underground stop right next to it & train station 5 min walk away. good restaurants nearby

• Stayed August 2013
Palmer_SBH, General Manager at Sheraton Brussels Hotel, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Thank you Jo for taking the time to leave a review. We are glad that you found your stay to be "great value" and the cleanliness and service standards up to your expectations. We are continuing to work with our owning company on planning a refresh for our guestrooms in the (hopefully not-too-distant) future.
Look forward to having you stay with us again soon at the Sheraton.
Kind regards,
Zug, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

But for the construction on Place Rogier, the Sheraton Brussels would be one of the better locations from which to explore the city. The rooms are large, the bathrooms the usual Sheraton standard. The upkeep is quite good, despite the large size of the hotel and the groups that come to stay there. A friendly staff rounds off my positive impression.

Room Tip: Get a superior room on one of the high floors.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear GranZorro,
We are very glad that you have enjoyed your stays with us, and that our "friendly staff" is still keeping up with high expectations :-)
We look forward welcoming you back soon to your 'home-away-from-home' in Brussels.
Kindest regards,
Hotel Manager

Been to Sheraton Brussels Hotel? Share your experiences!