“Your Coffee in the Toilet” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Brussels Hotel

You added Sheraton Brussels Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Brussels Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Place Rogier 3, Saint-Josse-ten-Noode, Brussels 1210, Belgium   |
Dublin
“Your Coffee in the Toilet”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

I have stayed in hotels all over Europe and several in Brussels but I have never been offered the service like you get in the Sheraton. If you decide to go to the toilet you can have a shower or a bath shave and your business but in the Sheraton you can also have your Tea or Coffee in the Toilet.
How neat is that ones wonders or how to get a disease without really trying do they not realise how many diseases are spread from the toilet. We arrived early in this hotel but were told our room was ready lovely except it was ready for one person not two one glass one cup one bottle of water and of course coffee in the loo.
On the second day of our stay a Vacume Cleaner arrived outside our door and there it stayed until I put a notice on it saying I refuse to vacume my own room as neither the room or the hallway had being cleaned the entire length of our stay pictures can be supplied.

All of these problums I blame on the management as they are not doing their jobs properly they look good talk the talk but in the main that is all I do not blame any of this on the hard working staff that clean the hotel or the ladies and gents who run the breakfast mornings the bar and all the menial tasks that the management could not care about they should be made to swap jobs and they would soon realize what a good job these people do I would love to see some of these pompous people working as a Kitchen Porter for a few days.
I think a call to the Brussels Health Board might be in order Coffee in the Loo my a.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Palmer_SBH, General Manager at Sheraton Brussels Hotel, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Dear Wrappido,
Indeed our complimentary coffee and tea-making facility (kettle) is located on a tray on the large bathroom counter and next to the only grounded-electrical plug in the room. Normally the bathroom counter and all items on it are cleaned thoroughly each day by our efficient housemaids, so there should be no germs or contamination that we are aware of.
We are not sure why your guestroom was not cleaned, unless you had the Do Not Disturb sign on the door, or you took part in the Make a Green Choice program where you forego housekeeping services completely? We do apologize for any miscommunication or inconvenience, and would invite you next time to contact our Guest Service Center at any time with additional questions or requests such as another towel or glass (with respect, note that the Sheraton standard is one free bottle of water in each guestroom per day regardless of the number of people).
With kind regards,
Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

Whenever I visit Brussels, my favorite place to stay in Sheraton Brussels Hotel & Towers. Location wise most convenient to me, only few yards walking distance from Brussels Nord Rly. Station, centre of shopping, entertainment & tourist attractions.
I have observed so many ups and down in terms of its "quality services" during last few years, nonetheless, I like it since, few of the team members are so nice that I can't forget. Mr. Palmer Colamarino (Manager of the hotel) is one of the team members who is really a rare quality personnel. Perhaps, his personalized service, friendly behavior and "do it now" attitude compelled me to check-in the hotel, time to time, every time. Hope, in the days to come, more quality services will be available through his hard work and "noble intention" of the Sheraton Management.

Room Tip: Suite in 25th & 26th Floor is better no doubt, but Higher floors Club room are also very nice.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
maripao, Executive Assistant at Sheraton Brussels Hotel, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Dear Santifs,
Thank you for your nice comments following your recent stay at your favourite hotel. With the friendly behaviour and ‘do it now’ attitude of our Hotel Manager, we will all continue to personalize the service in order to improve quality to our guests.
We look forward to welcoming you again at the Sheraton Brussels Hotel!
Warm regards,
Marie-Anne Paolillo
Personal Assistant
Lancaster, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

booked 2 rooms for 3 nights a week before we needed to go at an extremely reasonable price compated to everything else advertised nearby. reasonable sized rooms if a little tired. could do with a bit of an upgrade but quite clean. hotel seemed very busy. lots of airline staff booking in & out. great location for both shopping & sightseeing. underground stop right next to it & train station 5 min walk away. good restaurants nearby

• Stayed August 2013
Palmer_SBH, General Manager at Sheraton Brussels Hotel, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Thank you Jo for taking the time to leave a review. We are glad that you found your stay to be "great value" and the cleanliness and service standards up to your expectations. We are continuing to work with our owning company on planning a refresh for our guestrooms in the (hopefully not-too-distant) future.
Look forward to having you stay with us again soon at the Sheraton.
Kind regards,
Zug, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

But for the construction on Place Rogier, the Sheraton Brussels would be one of the better locations from which to explore the city. The rooms are large, the bathrooms the usual Sheraton standard. The upkeep is quite good, despite the large size of the hotel and the groups that come to stay there. A friendly staff rounds off my positive impression.

Room Tip: Get a superior room on one of the high floors.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear GranZorro,
We are very glad that you have enjoyed your stays with us, and that our "friendly staff" is still keeping up with high expectations :-)
We look forward welcoming you back soon to your 'home-away-from-home' in Brussels.
Kindest regards,
Tring, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

I was on business in Brussels last April, the same week as the Sea Food Fair which is a really busy time. All hotels were fully booked and my colleague and I ended up in the Sheraton. Apparently there were only some superior rooms left, for a price in excess of £300 per room and per night. We had no choice so we went ahead and booked it. For this price, we were supposed to have access to the top floor club, for drinks and breakfast, and of course have a superior room with more space, all bells and whistles.
Whilst my colleague got this, I was surprised to get the key to a very old fashioned standard room. I was quite happy with this but expected to pay the right amount for it, but I was told that this was not possible, I would have to pay the higher price. Why? Who knows. The gentleman at reception told me very casually that there was virtually no difference between the superior and the standard room anyway. How professional. Based on this, I insisted to have the right room according to the price paid, which was agreed. This is where the whole nightmare begins.
To change room I needed to have my luggages transferred. had 2 pieces of luggages in the standard room, a suitcase and a laptop bag, and I was told that they would be transferred whilst I was out for dinner with my colleague. I asked a few times to transfer both luggages and to ensure that nothing was forgotten, which I was assured will not happen.
I came back in the room fairly late, after 11pm, to find my suitcase in my room but no laptop. I called reception to enquire and complain, and was told by a rude concierge that my bag would be brought back to my room straight away, as my previous room was not occupied, before this lovely man hanged up the phone at me. How nice. 15 minutes later, a knock at my door and surprise surprise there is a baggage carrier telling me that he cannot get my laptop, as my previous room is in fact occupied and although the guest was still out, there were 2 laptop bags in the rooms and he wasn't able to tell which one was mine. I didn't accept this as an excuse and frogmarched him to the standard room to pick up my bag. During all that time, not an apology, nothing. He just explained to me that he was the person who transferred the bags and blamed the error to his colleague from reception who didn't tell him that there was 2 bags to move.
Back in my room, with my laptop, and in a bad room, I was really unhappy to start receiving mails from the gentleman who was staying in the standard room. He clearly went through my laptop bag, bought my email address and started contacting me, which I thought was not appropriate. He found the bad late afternoon, didn't tell the hotel. But he contacted me to ask where my laptop was...and to complain because someone went in his room in his absence. How cheeky.
The cherry on the cake? Reception rang me at 4am in the morning. I picked up the phone and could hear people talking, before they hang up the phone again.
I saw the hotel manager in the morning, who as a gesture of goodwill decided to refund 50% of the bedroom cost. How nice. Even nicer, she didn't charge the right credit card but debited everything from my colleague account?!
I go to Brussels very regularly, but I can assure you that I will never again go to the Sheraton. This hotel is a disgrace.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear sir or madam,
I am very sorry to hear about the mishap with your bags and the unfortunate actions of the other guest which is certainly not acceptable behaviour. The person who met with you was undoubtedly our Front Office Manager, Mrs. Roserie de Wild, who obviously did not mean to create an additional credit card issue on purpose! If this has not already been resolved betwen yourself and your colleague, please contact Roserie who will gladly make the necessary adjustment.
For the record, all our guestrooms (classic, superior, or Club) are approximately the same size (minimum 30 square meters) which I believe is what our front office associate was referring to ("no difference"). Obviously the amenities and services vary according to the room type. Entrance to the Club Lounge (including continental breakfast, drinks and snacks) is reserved for our Club and Suite guests (not classic or superior room types).
We do hope that you will give us another chance to renew your faith in the Sheraton Brussels, and if so I invite you to please directly contact Roserie or myself to personally take care of your next reservation in Brussels.
Kind regards,
Ashford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights. Arrived at 10am check in was at 3pm but we were told that our room was ready so we were able to go up straight away which was great after a long train journey. We were also upgraded to a club room as they were fully booked which was another nice surprise. Huge bed very comfy we lovely bathroom and flat screen tv. Pool was also good although female sauna was broken which was a shame. Lots of complimentary bits and bobs and great air con. Also very simple to check in and check out and leave luggage securely. Would definitely stay again!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much Laura for taking the time to leave a review. We are very sorry you came during the period our female sauna was having an unfortunate technical glitch... force majeure; the summer holiday period is also for our parts supplier ;-( - but it should be working again by next week.
But we are glad that the rest of your stay was "fantastic" and that you will definitely come back to see us again!
Very kind regards,
Amsterdam
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

What hotels like the Sheraton Brussels don't realize is that us that book through Hotwire are extremely important for their marketing. So giving us the worst and smallest room, in deplorable condition is resulting in a bad review here on Tripadvisor: warning customers to think twice before going here. Since hotwire travellers are more travelled and willing to take a risk, showing us the best you have to offer, will pay off: because we will come back and tell others.Obviously this property was not booked to capacity (or it wouldn't be offered at Hotwire) so I am clueless of why I was given this lousy room. It hardly fitted a bed, bathroom in deplorable conditions, moldy and rotting door, tiny towels, and using the 'classic armoir' once suitable to fit the bulky TV, taking the doors off and putting in a cheap flatscreen is not just tacky: it's an insult. Check in was 'cold', with a receptionist going through the motions without using a single word: Just Awful. Once again: if you hate hotwire and it's customers: don't participate in the program.

Room Tip: You may think this high rise hotel offers nice views, but it doesn't since it's angle is in...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Greetings - We are very sorry to read about your disappointing stay. With respect, we value ALL of our guests including many who book thru third-party sites (like HotWire, Expedia, Booking and many others) which represents a good portion of our business all year round. Whether you book thru a Starwood reservation channel (with Best Rate Guaranteed) or not, our rooms are some of the largest in the city (minimum 30 square meters, many as large as 35 sqm).
We really do hope you will come back to give us another chance.
Regards,
Hotel Manager

Been to Sheraton Brussels Hotel? Share your experiences!