“Fabulous food and surroundings!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 1,020 Restaurants in Porto
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Delicatessen, Tapas, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view
Dining options: Cash Only, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Wine Quay Bar is wine bar located on Ribeira do Porto (first line- Part of UNESCO's World Heritage Site since 1996, and classified National Monument) with breathtaking view over Douro River.
“Fabulous food and surroundings!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

One of the best places to enjoy a nice glass of wine and the beautiful sights of Ribeira!
Great decoration mixed with the simpathy of the owners makes the time of the meal a small moment in Paradise...

FFSGF, Proprietário at Wine Quay Bar, responded to this review, February 10, 2013
Thank you very much Bernardo G for your review.
It´s always a pleasure having you here...
We are hoping to see you and your wife soon!

• Korean first
Porto, Portugal
“Wonderful place and great wines!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

The bar is located just next to river and we could see a wonderful view! We enjoyed really nice wine with affordable price. The owner is really friendly!

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
FFSGF, Proprietário at Wine Quay Bar, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Thank you very much Ren Ito for your review.
It was a pleasure having you here...our first japanese clients!
“A charming place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

I found this little bar after reading tripadvisor and I decided to have a try for a evening.

I went here and I really like the cozy and warm set up. The location was so good that it faces the waterfront and offers excellent view.

I was not sure what I wanted to drink. I asked the owner and he recommended some nice red wine from the north. I enjoyed my wine with some meat recommended by the owner as well. I felt that I was well taken care. I sat there and read my book. I felt very comfortable. I guess it is such a nice place for friends and couples to chit chat:)

• 4 of 5 stars Food
FFSGF, Proprietário at Wine Quay Bar, responded to this review, February 3, 2013
Thank you very much jc05615 for your review.
It was a pleasure having you here...
“Excellent lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

We acme here for a lunh after reading some reviews here in Tripadvisor. We where welocme by a very nice woman how got us a confy seat near by the window and asked us if the temperature was ok for since the door was open.
After a while, what I classified as the owner, came to aour talbe and took the order. He was very nice and gave us good advise on what to eat and drink. He suggested a vbery good Porto Ruby ( as that what we asked for) produced by MESSIAS and some salame to eat with bread and oil.
The wine was very good, better than the Sandeman, and as much accounts for the meat tha really melted a the touch of the tongue.

A the end of the lunch the host was kind and showed us where we could have some bakery in Porto and pointed out on the map. we even chatted about surf and windsurf since I practice windwsurf.

The grand total was of 14.6 € ( i must admitt, it was not a filling lunch ) and we had:
3 glasses of wine (2.4€) and the salame with bread.

It deserves a go!

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
FFSGF, Proprietário at Wine Quay Bar, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Thank you very much Princeofthebow for your review.
It was a pleasure having you here, and talking about many things, specially about our passion, the sea!
We will always have for you quality tapas, new wines combined with good conversations!
Hope to see you soon!
May we can go surf! :)
Wine Quay Bar and Crew
Chicago
“Warm, welcoming, charming and fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Moses and Phillipa have a charming wine bar complete with nibbles and wine pairings to make for a relaxed and welcoming nosh. The owners can not be more engaging and knowledgeable. Thank you from D/ C. The yanks from the hotel next door. Cheers!

• Visited November 2012
FFSGF, Proprietário at Wine Quay Bar, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Thank you very much kellygrether for your review.
It was a pleasure having you here...