“Unforgettable!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
“Unforgettable!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

This was my favorite place while visiting Porto and quite possibly the best restaurant I've ever eaten at. So much so, that I went back twice and my only regret is that I didn't get to go more. My husband and I loved the oven roasted asparagus crepe with goat cheese drizzled in olive oil and herbs. My favorite was the paris mushroom risotto. We also had the daily freshly juiced fruit of the day. We had a pineapple and honeydew melon juice one day and a plum/wild strawberry the next time. It is SO hard to find healthy, yet, delicious food whether traveling or living the day-to-day routine. Essencia, has brought tasty to healthy and for that I will never forget my experience with them.

A few tips: this place is abit off the tourist track which is another reason to love it even more. We stayed at a place at the base of the Douro river where many tourists stay and the restaurants can be outrageous. We averaged $50-70 euros per lunch/dinner for two adults. Essencia took about 5 euros each way by taxi, but, the restaurant more than made up for it cost wise. At lunch for example, we had a three course meal for less an 10 euros. Plus, if you get their early enough you can sit out on their beautiful backyard patio.

• Visited October 2012

Wellington
“Beautiful atmosphere, amazing food, lovely staff.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

This restaurant was recommended to me by a local, describing it as 'special' - it certainly was! The restaurant was elegant with a really nice, inviting atmosphere. The food was superb - the goat's cheese and blackberry entree was amazing, and the asparagus risotto was the best risotto I've ever had. The staff were really friendly, especially the owner/manager who asked about my travels. Even though it was relatively expensive (for Portugal), I had a cocktail, a glass of wine, an entree, a main, and a coffee for 25€! I would definitely recommend Essencia!

• Visited October 2012
Joensuu
“Good value for your money”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

What a nice restaurant with excellent stuff just on silent side if the city. Excellent for romantic outdoors dining ,too .

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Porto, Portugal
“A reference for vegetarians.. and non-vegetarians!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

I'm not vegetarian and still I love going to Essencia, it has the best shrimp risotto I've ever had! Also the starters and desserts, one does not simply go to Essencia and not have the starters and desserts!

• Visited June 2012