“nice place” 4 of 5 stars

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

perfect location.
great value for money.
friendly staff.
breakfast was not spectacular but it was ok.
very good internet connection :)
spacious room - we booked a double room but git a triple one for the same price.
toiletries available.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
walsall
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is a slightly old fashioned hotel. All the better for it. Efficient and helpful reception staff. Clean and tidy rooms well looked after. Breakfast is a mix of cereals, juices, ham, cheese, bread and cake, with the usual hot drinks. Adequate by any standard. For a city centre hotel the price is a steal. More hotels like this would be a Godsend for mature travellers.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is a great location. Friendly staff. Decent bar. I came to party for a couple of nights as and partied I did. 3 mins walk from lots of night clubs, restaurants, bars, etc. About a 15 min walk from the river. I loved it.

Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
thailand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2014

Arriving in Porto by bus, in a heavy downpour, from Santiago de Compostela, Spain after hiking the Camino Portugues, without any hotel reservation, I lucked into this gem of a hotel. The front desk staff was welcoming and helpful with information. The second floor room was spacious, with large windows overlooking the street. I wad afraid of traffic noise but that proved to be not the case. There's a large and comfortable sitting room on the first floor where one can read, do computer work, or just relax. The reception area is connected to a restaurant - I did not eat there but met with a couple guests there for wine. They told me that the food was good. The included breakfast was served buffet style - and has a broad range of offerings. The location is excellent: it's within 10-minute walking distance to the train and metro stations (S. Bento!?) as well as the riverfront and most tourist sites in the old city. Since I was a "walk-in" guest (during a rainy afternoon), I had expected (and was willing) to pay a premium for my room. As it turned out, what I paid was just a fraction of the rates listed on the back of the door. Just out of curiosity, I later checked with 2 nearby hotels (one a bit more upscale and the other less) and their rates were both higher!! I definitely will stay at this hotel next time I visit Porto.

Stayed November 2014, traveled solo
Ramat Gan, Israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2014

If you remember that a three star hotel is not a five star hotel, and not even a four star hotel, then you should not have any trouble staying at Hotel Internacional. First a word of warning: I chose this hotel because when reading reviews for a nearby competitor, the reviewers kept bringing up prohibition on washing garments in the room, and the necessity to return the TV remote when checking out. I don't recall seeing these things in the reviews for Hotel Internacional, and that is the reason that I chose it. However both are alive and well in that hotel too. It must be a Porto thing.

I requested a quiet room away from the elevator and when I checked in, I was told that the quietest room they have has a window looking out to an internal chute. That was fine with me, although I am sure that it is not everyone's cup of tea. The room was absolutely quiet for my entire stay.The assortment of toiletries was extremely limited, soap and shampoo, however reading through the guest manual, I learned that you can request a sewing kit or shoe polishing kit from reception. A good way to offer things to guests and at the same time keep the costs down.

And while referring to the guest manual, I read that there were 10 TV channels. However I had a brand new large (that is a relative word) flat screen which apparently did not read the guest manual, and it offered me more than 60 channels, many in English.

The staff was wonderful. Always cheerful always helpful.

I chose the hotel for its location, and was not mistaken. The hotel is in walking distance of just about everything in Porto that I wanted to see, from Riverside to the commercial and shopping streets. Additionally, because it is located on a narrow side street, there was no noise outside from either passing vehicles or pedestrians.

Breakfast was adequate, but far from being something to write home about. And while it is a small thing, I cannot finish this review without mentioning the juice served with the breakfast. As most of us have learned, the juices served in hotel breakfasts are generally some kind of juice concentrate, diluted back to the original consistency. At Hotel Internacional for some reason they chose to dilute it so that while the color remained, there was only the faint taste of juice and the overwhelming taste of water. I can understand an error one morning, but the above occurred on all 4 of my breakfasts.

Porto is not currently on my to-do list. But if I return some day, I will surely consider staying again at Hotel Internacional.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled solo
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2014

we stayed in this hotel for 2 nights, the first night they put us right near the kitchen, the oven pipe right next to the room, the air was terrible, so they changed us to other room. Overall it is OK, the staff are friendly and polite, the breakfast was good

Room Tip: convenient location, easy access to train station, and attraction sites, right in the middle of cent...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2014

We travelled to Porto with some close friends on 16th October and stayed for 3 nights B&B at this delightful hotel. The reception staff were very helpful indeed and the bedroom, although very comfortable, was noisy with late night revellers. Breakfast was excellent with plenty of choice. The location couldn't have been better. It was right in the centre of all the places we wanted to visit. We really liked Porto and found the City great value for money. Would certainly re-visit and stay here again.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Hotel Internacional? Share your experiences!