The hotel is located on a quiet street (in a kind of run down neighborhood) but with a taxi you are in the city center within 5-10 minutes and you can walk to get to the hopon hopoff bus tours.
We really enjoyed our four night stay at this hotel for several reasons.
First, the breakfast buffet was excellent with great variety in fruits, breads, cereal an cakes. It ran until 11am which gave us plenty of time to sleep in and then head down stairs. Everything was fresh and the staff kept bringing out more and more food even near the end.
Second, the lounge was wonderful with great price wine and food! We enjoyed the lounge through it was rather old-fashioned, but it was a great place to home to after a full day of walking. There were two very nice piano's in the lobby and lounge, but they were locked and now once did we hear live music (such a shame).
We had great comfy beds and modern bathrooms. At first we had a lousy room (old chairs, poorly cleaned with an ashtray still in the room and a poor view) and when we told the front desk that we were not satisfied (being non-smokers and paying over €100 for such a room) they let us switch rooms.
Some points of improvement:
1. We initially booked this hotel because of the airport shuttle, but it turns out they use a third-party and it only runs between 7am an 7.30pm and our flight arrived around 8.30pm so we still had take a cab.
2. The front desk staff was helpful, but the bar staff very slow in their service.
3. We used the gym 2 times, the weights were good but the machines old and of date and some were out of order. Also the pool is way too small for such a large hotel and it does surprise me that it is 5 stars...
4. Parking inside of the hotel was not free (€11) and the garage was difficult to maneuver in for a big car.
All in all, we enjoyed our stay and would come back just for the breakfast!
- Also Known As:
- Hf Ipanema Park Hotel
- Hf Ipanema Park Porto
- Hf Ipanema Park Hotel Porto
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A five star hotel for demanding clients.A hotel that connects comfort, a great service, sympathy and quality to a smart choice!Having been for a long time a reference among the hotels of Oporto, the HF Ipanema Park has reinforced its arguments thanks to a recent remodelling process, which has turned it into an extraordinary example of environmental efficiency that is positively reflected in the comfort of its guests.Sophistication is a common aspect between the atmosphere of the rooms and social areas, with an emphasis on the panoramic Top of the Roof bar with a pool and a unique view over the mouth of the River Douro, and the free Wi-Fi Internet available throughout the entire hotel. In such a welcoming and comfortable hotel, only its proximity to the most sophisticated and charming area of the city will convince you to go out.At the Jardim d'Inverno restaurant, both the Portuguese cuisine and the exotic flavours are dressed with the refinement of Chef Agostinho Teixeira. At the Coffee-Shop near the Twin Trees bar, our light meals will surprise you.At the HF Ipanema Park you always have more than you think, for less that you can imagine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, Tingo, Hotels.com, Agoda, HostelBookers and Venere so you can book your HF Ipanema Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.