Excellent quality hotel, with very professional staff, spacious rooms and spa with no restrictions for age visits (good for children). I don't know if it was about Portugal, but everywhere we went the service was absolutely excellent, friendly and people genuinely paid attention and always try to help.
The terrace on the 19th floor had a great view and service, but there were no cushions on the couches or umbrella's for some shade. I know it was early season, as we visited in May, but still you expect that the facilities will be fully prepared for the guests to enjoy.
The breakfast buffet was somewhat poor without any raw vegetables and boring choice of sliced fruit. You cannot really enjoy more than once or twice.
This seems to be the hotel of choice for all airlines stopping at Porto, so breakfasts were quite busy. Generally I did not like the taste of water and coffee. I do think Nespresso machines should be a standard kit for any self respectable hotel these days.
The bed, bathroom and rooms in general were very good quality and well designed and equipped. The WIFI is 10 euro per 24 hours, but speed is really good and I could stream movies without a problem.
The taxis are readily available and the only surprise is that most drivers are well passed retirement age, but some drive as on a race all the time.
I fell in love with the cutlery of the hotel and bought a 130 pcs set myself from now my most favourite Portuguese brand Cutipol.
I know Portuguese food is excellent, but we found one of the best Japanese restaurants in Europe, I am sure (!) called Ichiban (you need to book it in the evening or there will be no space).
Nice holiday! Portugal is a great holiday destination! Would absolutely recommend!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- High-rise Hotel in city center; 5 minutes from Palacio de Cristal Exhibition Center; 10 minutes from Exponor Exhibition Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Odigeo, Splendia, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Otel, Venere and Priceline so you can book your Porto Palacio Congress Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Porto Palacio Congress Hotel And Spa
- Porto Palacio Congress Hotel Porto