If this is your first trip into Porto, the Palacio is a good choice for a few nights, but it quite a walk from the historic old town sites or decent restaurants. We tired the ones attached to the property (pass these by) and the hotel itself only serves breakfast unless it is a function lunch buffet. The breakfast buffet is typical European, so be warned they serve only boiled bacon, runny powdered-like eggs with all the usual cheese, cold cut meats, and loads of sugar pastries. The rooms are very nice though! If you are planning a conference... the big issues are: thick carpet on the meeting room floors which drives you crazy trying to slide your chairs in or out, and a total lack of laptop outlets! They have nice fast WiFi, but maybe one useful outlet per meeting room for you to charge your stuff. If you want water at your meeting (which may be a venue choice however) bring your own (not from your room though, the water bottles are outrageously priced). Would I recommend it? Yes, but make sure you go out for meals and keep your stuff charged in your room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- High-rise Hotel in city center; 5 minutes from Palacio de Cristal Exhibition Center; 10 minutes from Exponor Exhibition Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Porto Palacio Congress Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Porto Palacio Congress Hotel And Spa
- Porto Palacio Congress Hotel Porto