“Best food I have had in Portugal and Spain for 3 weeks.” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: International
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Perth, Australia
“Best food I have had in Portugal and Spain for 3 weeks.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

We where on a hop on hop off bus trip with our son, we got off at lunch time and did not even know this restaurant was there. The choice, standard cuisine looking like the same stuff everywhere or something fresh. We choose the fresh look and it paid off big time. The cuttlefish salad was fantastic, followed by the lime tart. It was so good my wife made us come back for dinner. There was no complaints from me or my 6 yo son. Dinner there as well was just as good and great staff. I loved everything about this restaurant.
PS h is the mens toilet and m is the women's, don't make the same mistake!!

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Heerlen, The Netherlands
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

The restaurant was awesome! The food was delicious and sophisticated, the staff was very friendly and helpful, the value for money was excellent!
I don 't have anything bad to say about it! In my opinion one of the best restaurants in Porto

Visited May 2012
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Inspired Modern Portuguese Cuisine!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

Looking for a place to have lunch in during a day-trip to Porto we stepped into Trinc'arte and got a lovely surprise.

The octopus salad starter was incredible, just what you need in a hot sunny day. We couldn't believe our luck when we got the codfish bundle and alheira mains - large portion sizes served very attractively, giving new twists to tried and trusted staples of the excellent Portuguese culinary repertoire. They looked beautiful, and the taste did not disappoint, much the contrary.

We couldn't get round to the desserts as our appetites were more than sated by the extraordinary starters and mains, unfortunately.

Service was fast, very polite and tactful. I could not recommend this place more highly and wish the business all the best.

• Visited March 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Amsterdam
“A pleasant suprise, a hidden gem but not for long”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2011

We walked pass this restaurant on our way to the Ribeira and saw how nicely designed this restaurant was. We just had lunch so decided to come back in the evening since their menu looked very appealing for very modest prices. And we weren't disappointed. The tempura as starter tasted better than many Japanese restaurants so I would definitely recommend that. The service was very good and attentive, very friendly people who love presenting beautiful and tasty food to their customers. We came back the next day for lunch and next time when we visit Porto, we'll definitely return to this hidden gem. The cuisine is international fusion oriented so don't expect local Portugese food.

• Visited August 2011