“Home away from home*” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Los Angeles, California
“Home away from home*”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2012

I love Casa Formosa! Beautiful, clean and at a great location. I stayed for almost 3 weeks and it really became my home away from home. Joao and Sarah are super nice and sweet, always helpful and fun to be around if you travel by yourself :)
If I ever go back, this is the place I would stay!

Room Tip: All the rooms are nice.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2012

Visiting Porto would not have been half as amazing as it was if it had not been for Joao and Sarah. They are lovely people, and spent time making sure all of our needs were met. Everything from a delicious breakfast eaten on their outdoor terrace, to plenty of suggestions on what to see/do/eat/drink, they are the ideal hosts. The apartment was also very nice, big spacious room with our own doors onto the balcony overlooking the street, super-clean bathrooms (2 of them), a full, modern kitchen, 2 outdoor terraces, and a dining room. I can't wait to come back to Porto and stay with them again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Soenderborg, Denmark
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2011

This is a great place in center of Porto. I was only spending one night in town but it was no problem leaving my luggage in the room till my train was leaving the next day which I really appreciated.

My room was big, the internet was fast and the breakfast was spot on. I got good recommendations for things to do in the city so I will have to come back with my girlfriend and stay in Casa Formosa.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Sao Paulo, SP
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

João and Sarah are wonderful hosts and they made us feel at home!! Our bedroom was very big and clean, with soft and quality bed linen and towels. The entire appartment was actually very spacious and decorated in a beautiful retro, modern style. And every morning there was a rich breakfast waiting for us !

We hope we'll be back as soon as possible!! Absolutly recommended!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends

Been to A Casa Formosa? Share your experiences!