“It feels a little bit like home abroad” 3 of 5 stars

Magnolia Porto Hostel
Av. Rodrigues de Freitas, 387, Porto 4000-422, Portugal   |
Ranked #65 of 123 Specialty Lodging in Porto
Seville, Spain
“It feels a little bit like home abroad”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

I came around on my trip from Lisboa to Santjago de compostella and I found this nice Hostel in the beautiful city of Porto.
I arrived by train and to find the way from the trainstation to the hostel was a small chalange but I did it.
The hostel is around 3 kilometers away from the trainstation campanea.
The Magnolia hostel is situated at a main street in Porto but in the night there is not so much traffic there and so you don't have any problems to sleep there in the nighttime.
You can find everything you need in this hostel including a bondi coffee what is very known in Portugal.
Bondi coffees are everywhere in Portugal but this was my first one in a hostel.
Inside the hostel you find Internetcomputers, a guestkitchen, Tv and proper showers.
The breakfast was also god and the beer the cheapest I ever bought in a hostel.
OK, the room could be cleaner but it was really ok.
The staff was helpful and friendly to support me the best way.
The beds were not in best conditions anymore and I think, you can buy them in the Ikea Shop.
The garden in the back was fantastic and I liked it very much to hang around totaly lazy there.
So you should come there and decide for your own, do you like it or not.
I enjoyed my stay there

ps:the balconys are supersmall and to the main street so it's better to go to the garden in the back.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Wittenberg, Germany
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

I came for a weekend to this hostel in Porto because my first and second choice were full on this weekend and the Magnolia Porto Hostel was the last posible option for me.
The hostel is a little bit offside of the old town of Porto and directly on a main street.
The hostel itself is nice with a little garden in the back, a free breakfast and clean showers.
The beds are not so new anymore and the balkonies to the main street are very small and quite noisy.
My roommates from spain were more looking for the Partyside of Porto and made also mutch noises in the nighttime.
Maybe I went only to the wrong place on the wrong time ???

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
dublin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

We spent 2 night in Magnolia Porto Hostel. It is much better option than staying in a hotel. This hostel is nicely designed, good located, with warm atmosphere and service. Moreover, VERY CHEAP. Even a little breakfast was served. I highly recommend this place.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Albufeira, Portugal
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

We had a stay in this hostel just for two nights because Porto was the endpoint of our trip throught Portugal amd Porto was really full of tourists thistime.
So we catched a dormbed in this hostel for a preis who was ok for this time.
The hostel is a 15 minute walk from the heart of the old town of porto but it is good to walk.
The hostel itself was a little bit to full for a more personal talk to the staff but otherwise we needed only a bed for the night and this was ok.
Kitchen, tv-room and not really clean bathrooms-everything was there, and a nice little garden in the back, too.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Riga, Latvia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

Me and my girlfriend went to Porto last month and we found this nice hostel just by chance because we had no reservation and no clue where to go to.
We past it while we walked around in Porto and my girlfriend saw the big, red door and we stambled in.
The guys at the reception were very nice and offered us two beds in a multiple room.
The room was nice but the beds were really not new anymore, and I had really a problem to sleep there because it has been a problem for my back. My girlfriend slept like a baby and doesn`t understand my problem with the bed.
The rest of the hostel was good, a nice kitchen, clean bathrooms, Internetconnection and even a nice, little garden in the back.
The breakfast in the morning was also included and really not bad.
A weekness is the noisy street in front of the hostel with much traffic also in the nighttime.
I think, if my girlfriend wrote this review, it wood be much better like mine because she doesn`t wanted to leave the hostel because she really felt in love with the Magnolia Porto Hostel !!!
By the way, her name is Theresa and she loves this place really very much.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Sagres, Portugal
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

ThIS was really a Nice stay át. The Magnolia Porto hostel.
We arrived late in the evening without a reservation but the friendly staff did find two beds for us And we had a silent and peaceful nigh.
Át. The next morning there was a breakfast , nothing special but in the price included.
The only thing who was not perfect was it could be cleaner in the bathroom André the sleepingroom.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Helsinki, Finland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Perfect location, super friendly and helpful staff, lovely decorated room / common areas. Had probably the best sleep in years (excluding own home). The house is old, so some noise can be heard from the other rooms/common areas/outside, but overall quite peaceful and lovely atmosphere.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Been to Magnolia Porto Hostel? Share your experiences!