We went with Thomson back in September for 2 weeks. Very well designed hotel complex. Staff are amazing considering the long hours they work..an inspiration! We were there on the only day it rained in 14 months (it was short, sharp and gone) Clouds over the hills each day and sometimes cloudy mornings mean nothing..the sun always appears and you must use lotion as there is no pollution but plenty of lobsters ..ouch!. Took a smart jacket (waste of time this is casual island). Tried all hotel restaurants and all good with large portions - be warned unless you do some exercise you will put on the pounds. The Thomson beach walk (with Mario) could be a killer on a hot day as he is built like a marathon runner and a lot of us weren’t. It would be easy not to leave the complex but try and get out, Jeep tour is a must. Walk to town along road is easier than along the beach. We hired a quad - never again. I ride a scooter at home and wished I had hired one or a car or cycles. The quad is hard to steer and even harder when 2 up. It tends to go with the camber of the road or ruts........If I could change one thing it would be to get the thermometers to work at the poolside (we love to know what the daily temp is).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Pestana Porto Santo Beach Resort & Spa is located on the fantastic Porto Santo beach , a sandy beach 9 km long, and it is surrounded by a tropical garden of 30,000 m2 and two enormous outdoor pools of a natural style, making it one of the best hotels in Porto Santo. This hotel in Porto Santo operates under an "All Inclusive" regime, making it the ideal location for anyone wishing to spend holidays in Porto Santo without any concerns at all. So, if holidays to you mean time with friends and family, enjoying the sun, the sea and the therapeutic sands of Porto Santo, taking a dive into the pool, exercising in the gymnasium, playing a game of tennis on the multi-purpose court, or simply relaxing in the spa, then the Pestana Porto Santo is the hotel for you. The rooms of the Pestana Porto Santo are decorated in tones of blue and ocean green and include a private balcony. Although it is a hotel with "All Inclusive", it has 3 restaurants that offer a selection of Italian and Madeira cuisine and three enchanting bars, which includes the "Sunset Bar", which has fantastic views over the sea. The concept of this resort in Porto Santo underscores the philosophy of preserving the environment, taking into account the needs of sustainability of the surroundings where it is located. Various solar panels have been installed and the hotel has its own desalinisation plant, which has earned the hotel "The Green Key" certificate for its environmental management. The beach of Ribeiro Salgado, which is a concession of Pestana Porto Santo Beach Resort & Spa, was presented with the Blue Flag by the FEE - Foundation for Environment Education, due to the quality of the water, the information and environmental education, the environmental management, and the safety, services and support infrastructures. The main village, Vila Baleira, is a mere 5 minutes by car from this 5 star hotel, as is the 18-hole golf course, which offers you the unique opportunity of playing on a course designed by the Spanish champion Severiano Ballesteros; all this, with the sea as your horizon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Priceline, Hotels.com, Low Cost Holidays, Otel and Odigeo so you can book your Pestana Porto Santo All Inclusive & Spa Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pestana Porto Santo Beach Resort & Spa - All Inclusive Hotel Porto Santo
- Pestana Porto Santo Beach Resort And Spa - All Inclusive
- Pestana Hotel Porto Santo
- Pestana Resort Porto Santo