It is three weeks since we were at Hotel Pestana Porto Santo and on reflection we can honestly say that the week spent there was the best holiday we have had.
There are plenty of positives about the resort and its setting on that long golden beach. The staff are great and ever willing to help. Our room, a first floor room with balcony that overlooked the pool area was spacious and very comfortable- the fact that the room was cleaned every day was a huge plus to us. We liked the fact that the safe and air conditioning were included in the cost of the holiday.
We had read reviews of the resort after we booked in early September and read some negative points which came from people who had visited the resort in high season. The resort was not so populated when we stayed so sun beds were freely available by the pool and we never had to queue to use the main restaurant .
The food at the main restaurant (Mares) is fine though when a place is catering for a large number of people it may seem formulaic but there is enough choice to satisfy everyone. We ate at the a la carte on one night - well worth the surcharge for relaxed dining and well presented food; however, the menu is a little limited. Luigi's, the pizzeria, is a great alternative to the Mares and we ate there twice during our stay.
Walks along the beach are a must either to the main town in one direction (about 1.5km) or to what we called the sleeping dragon, an islet off the end of the beach in the other direction. There are plenty of cafes in the main town for refreshment stops and people watching.
The only trip available at the time we visited was the Jeep tour of the island- 32 euros per person for a three hour trip but it was a highlight of the stay.
One downer for us was the fact that, in the Dunas pool bar, steak sandwiches were only available on two days- they are great, really tasty.
We are in the habit of not revisiting places we have been to but Hotel Pestana has made us change our minds on that- we will definitely be back. Next time we will take walking shoes to further investigate Porto Santo which is a fascinating island.
To Joao Martins and his team, a big obrigado for a great stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Pestana Porto Santo Beach Resort & Spa is located on the fantastic Porto Santo beach , a sandy beach 9 km long, and it is surrounded by a tropical garden of 30,000 m2 and two enormous outdoor pools of a natural style, making it one of the best hotels in Porto Santo. This hotel in Porto Santo operates under an "All Inclusive" regime, making it the ideal location for anyone wishing to spend holidays in Porto Santo without any concerns at all. So, if holidays to you mean time with friends and family, enjoying the sun, the sea and the therapeutic sands of Porto Santo, taking a dive into the pool, exercising in the gymnasium, playing a game of tennis on the multi-purpose court, or simply relaxing in the spa, then the Pestana Porto Santo is the hotel for you. The rooms of the Pestana Porto Santo are decorated in tones of blue and ocean green and include a private balcony. Although it is a hotel with "All Inclusive", it has 3 restaurants that offer a selection of Italian and Madeira cuisine and three enchanting bars, which includes the "Sunset Bar", which has fantastic views over the sea. The concept of this resort in Porto Santo underscores the philosophy of preserving the environment, taking into account the needs of sustainability of the surroundings where it is located. Various solar panels have been installed and the hotel has its own desalinisation plant, which has earned the hotel "The Green Key" certificate for its environmental management. The beach of Ribeiro Salgado, which is a concession of Pestana Porto Santo Beach Resort & Spa, was presented with the Blue Flag by the FEE - Foundation for Environment Education, due to the quality of the water, the information and environmental education, the environmental management, and the safety, services and support infrastructures. The main village, Vila Baleira, is a mere 5 minutes by car from this 5 star hotel, as is the 18-hole golf course, which offers you the unique opportunity of playing on a course designed by the Spanish champion Severiano Ballesteros; all this, with the sea as your horizon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Tingo, Otel, Prestigia, HotelsClick, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Pestana Porto Santo All Inclusive & Spa Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pestana Porto Santo Beach Resort And Spa - All Inclusive
- Pestana Porto Santo Beach Resort & Spa - All Inclusive Hotel Porto Santo
- Pestana Hotel Porto Santo
- Pestana Resort Porto Santo