We stayed with my wife for a week in this hotel as a part of a deal, It is located in the old side of the town so it is a big plus as all the attractions and shopping is within walking distance. You can say this is a forgotten hotel as it defiantly has had it glorious days back in at least 50s or 60s. ( the hotel sign and furniture haven't been changed since then, but you get what you pay for. The reception staff specially Luisa were extremely helpful with addressing different sights and recommending what is worth seeing. breakfast was 50's style but delicious. I have no complains about it being the same every day but some had. rooms were clean but a little out dated again ( time machine feeling back to 60s!! ) over and over if you want a cheap place to stay as a base in downtown and not too fuss about room luxury, go for it. If you are the type who looks for air-conditioner remote and hair dryer in the room, forget about it and move on to the other side of the town.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Residencial Greco, ideally situated in one of the main streets of Funchal, offers their guests a warm and suitable environment for family vacation, friends or even for work. Its excellent location and quality of their services, allow comfortable and economical stays ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Despegar.com and Odigeo so you can book your Residencial Greco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residencial Greco Hotel Funchal
- Residencial Greco Madeira/Funchal