Overall we were very disappointed with this holiday. Hotel too remote, up long mountain road with hair-pin bends and often rocks on road. Not a lover of sheer drops, I hated this journey and by the end of the week my nerves were jangling. Once back at the hotel there was nothing to do and nowhere to go in the evening. Also a lot cooler than down in Funchal. HB basis and the food was poor; just two choices for starter and main at evening meal and as a non-meat eater I was sick of espanda (black scabbard fish) by the end of the week. Puds were poor too. The vegs were overcooked and my husband was serverd undercooked chicken and rancid steak. Most nights we were on our own in the restaurant and it was quite chilly. On the plus side, the staff were lovely. We hoped to walk levadas in Nun's valley but rep advised against this as they are quite treacherous and yet the proximity to levadas is one of the main attractions given for this hotel. Two nights maximum would be enough at this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Estalagem Eira do Serrado e um moderno e confortavel hotel do campo de 4 estrelas. Rodeada por uma paisagem impressionante, a Estalagem Eira do Serrado vai impressiona-lo com a beleza das suas fascinantes montanhas e vistas impetuosas que se estendem aos exuberantes vales em baixo. A natureza esta presente a partir de todos os quartos e zonas publicas do hotel. E o local perfeito para umas ferias, calmas, romanticas e inesqueciveis na Madeira. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Despegar.com and Odigeo so you can book your Estalagem Eira do Serrado reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Estalagem Eira Do Serrado Hotel Funchal
- Estalagem Eira Do Serrado Funchal
- Estalagem Eira Do Serrado Madeira/Funchal