We planned to stay for three nights, but as a result of air traffic control problems and then gale force winds, ended up staying for a further four and this delightful hotel more than compensated for our disrupted plans. First impressions on arrival are that the hotel is in a somewhat suburban environment, but once through the door its elegance is revealed and the well-fitted and good-sized rooms all look out over magnificent tranquil gardens. Meals are served in the old part of the original manor house and are of excellent standard, although the menu could become limited if staying for more than one week. However, as we discovered, individual requests to vary the a la carte dishes were dealt with most obligingly by the restaurant staff who were universally friendly and efficient as were everyone we came in contact with. We will definitely be returning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Large Botanical Garden with more them 500 different spices of plants and a variety of pleasant and relaxing areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Despegar.com, HostelBookers, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your Quinta Jardins do Lago reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quinta Jardins Do Lago Hotel Funchal
- Quinta Jardins Do Lago Funchal
- Jardins Lago
- Quinta Jardins Do Lago Madeira/Funchal