We have just returned from a week at the Quinta Jardins do Lago.The service in the hotel was excellent and always friendly. Breakfast offered plenty of choice and although we don't usually dine in the hotels where we stay, having sampled the a la carte on our first night we were more than happy to dine in the restaurant most evenings. The bar area with many sofas and armchairs was a relaxing place to start (and sometimes finish!) the evening. The pool area and gardens were wonderful, never crowded, with plenty of sunbeds, garden seats etc. We stayed in a superior garden room on the second floor. It had an excellent view, was a good size and comfortably furnished. If we return we would ask for a top floor room as the wooden floors meant we could sometimes hear guests in the rooms above. The hotel is 20 mins walk from the centre of Funchal, perhaps a little longer on the way back!! The route is easy to find but VERY steep in places. The hotel does run a minibus service several times a day if you don't fancy the walk.
A great find, highly recommended
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Large Botanical Garden with more them 500 different spices of plants and a variety of pleasant and relaxing areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, HostelBookers and Odigeo so you can book your Quinta Jardins do Lago reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quinta Jardins Do Lago Hotel Funchal
- Quinta Jardins Do Lago Funchal
- Jardins Lago
- Quinta Jardins Do Lago Madeira/Funchal