Our first visit to Madeira and we selected this hotel because of the TA reviews. We were not disappointed. What a gem! I can only confirm everything that's been said before. We had room 302 - a superior room and it was just perfect (just like the one in the brochure.) Our balcony overlooked the beautiful gardens and the ocean beyond. (The gardens were beautiful and so interesting - we kept coming across trees/shrubs we'd never seen before.) Everywhere (inside and out) was spotless and the staff were so friendly, efficient and helpful. It says a lot for a hotel when they can be bothered to remember your name! Our taxi driver from the airport (booked by the hotel) was Esmeraldo Caldeira mobile: 00351 91 86 95 873 who was so informative and all round super guy, that we booked him for an entire day to take us on a tour of the island. He was a mine of information and charged 120 euros, which was exceptionally reasonable. We took taxis into Funchal and these usually cost 7 euros 50 cents. I agree that children might ruin the ambience of the hotel but they do have good children's facilities. With just 40 rooms it was the ideal size for us. If we return to the island we would automatically book to stay at the beautiful Quinta Jardins do Lago because it simply is the best.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Large Botanical Garden with more them 500 different spices of plants and a variety of pleasant and relaxing areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Low Cost Holidays, Odigeo, Expedia, Priceline and HotelTravel.com so you can book your Quinta Jardins do Lago reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quinta Jardins Do Lago Hotel Funchal
- Quinta Jardins Do Lago Funchal
- Jardins Lago
- Quinta Jardins Do Lago Madeira/Funchal