“Think I was in paradise.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Quinta Jardins do Lago

You added Quinta Jardins do Lago to your Saves list
Quinta Jardins do Lago
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Rua Dr. Joao Lemos Gomes 29 | São Pedro, Funchal, Madeira 9000-158, Portugal   |
Ranked #1 of 90 Hotels in Funchal
“Think I was in paradise.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

We were so lucky to have found this hotel. It was total perfection. From the minute we arrived we were treated like royalty.
Such a beautiful tranquil place.
If you want a very quiet relaxed holiday, then this is the place for you. Our room was large bad very comfortable. Beautiful bathroom. The maids came in everyday and kept our room spotless.
The grounds of the hotel were beautiful. There is a large tortoise who is 54 years old and is very well cared for.
The pool is gorgeous. Lots of room for all guests. Lots of sun loungers for everyone.
At the pool there is a bar that serves drinks and light meals. So you don't have to move from the pool if you want to relax there all day. The food at the pool was amazing. We had fillet steak a couple of times which was to die for. There is a lounge bar too that you can get light meals from too if you don't want to go into the main restaurant. We did go in there and again the food was beautiful.

The staff were fabulous. Nothing was a problem. They were always smiley happy and very helpful. The owner should be very proud of his staff.

I don't know how I can praise this hotel anymore than to say, if I win the lottery I'm going to buy it!!!!
Thank you to everyone for making our stay so magical.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

I was lucky enough to stay here for 2 weeks B&B. This hotel deserves the top spot. The staff are amazing, grounds superb and the swimming pool area is the perfect place to relax.
I ordered a decaf coffee the first morning for breakfast and for the rest of the fortnight I was asked if I would like one each morning - fantastic service!
The highlight has to be feeding Columbo the tortoise!

If I had to find fault it would be that the restaurant is a tad pricey - lunch around 40 euros and dinner was around 110 without dessert but with a decent bottle of wine. We had lunch a number of times as it was good and it saved moving. We would have had dinner more often if the price had been closer to those in town.
Additionally the courtesy bus only runs Monday to Friday, it would be useful if it ran on Saturday and Sunday too. I would not hesitate to return to this hotel and indeed hope to do so once the works have been finished at the sea front.

With regards to location we walked into town each day, often for lunch and then later for dinner. It would take about 20 minutes to get to the town or 30 to get to the old town. We would get the courtesy bus back after lunch and a taxi after dinner (< 6 euros from town, < 8 from old town)

Room Tip: We had room 214 which had foliage along the balcony making it very private (this is the same for 215...
Norwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

We booked this hotel because it was Number 1 on trip advisor, and it certainly didn't disappoint. Everything about the hotel was excellent. The half board option was superb and every evening meal we had was better than you would expect, the breakfast was good especially if you like eggs. Gardens and pool area were spotless, and you could get a sunbed by the pool at any time of the day even though the hotel was full (could do with a few more parasols though). The small bar was excellent as was the occasional entertainment, the bar would have benefitted from an adjacent outside seating area. All said this hotel deserves its TA rating and we will certainly return in the near future. The hotel is high up in Funchal, which suited me and a 5 to 6 Euro taxi ride from the main resort area, although you can walk if you like hills.

Barcelona, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

Quinta Jardins do lago is one of the best hotels that my family and I have stayed at (and we are exigent!). This is a charming hotel and contributes to make your holiday and your travel to Madeira unforgettable. The staff very kind, friendly and helpful, the quiet and superb gardens, the pool, the jacuzzi, the restaurant (don't miss it!), the bistro in the swimming pool, the breakfast, the room... Everything was excellent.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

My husband and I have just had our third holiday at this wonderful hotel. Just walking through the door lifts my spirits and I always feel that I am visiting a friend’s house rather than an hotel. To our delight we were upgraded to a junior suite – absolute heaven! And having tea and coffee making facilities made it even better! Once again everything was perfect, the exquisite grounds (where I fed my old friend Colombo) and incredible swimming pool are a joy. The a la carte menu for dinner is superb and breakfast is quite simply one of the best hotel breakfasts you could wish for. The staff are amazing, nothing is too much trouble. The important thing for my wife and I is that we come away rested, no one could fail to fail to relax in such as beautiful tranquil place.

Durham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

just returned from a 10 day stay and it was excellent. The Hotel is superb, fantastic gardens and a real tranquil oasis in Funchal. The staff are extremely friendly and helpful ,Food varied and tasty - we stayed half board and were not disappointed. We hope to return again as this is a hotel you would want to come back to.

Glasgow,Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

One of the best hotels that my wife and I have stayed at. Everything is exceptional and I find it difficult to add to the many fulsome comments already made. Suffice to say that if you value excellent service,good food and peaceful surroundings this is the place for you.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Quinta Jardins do Lago? Share your experiences!