I was lucky enough to stay here for 2 weeks B&B. This hotel deserves the top spot. The staff are amazing, grounds superb and the swimming pool area is the perfect place to relax.
I ordered a decaf coffee the first morning for breakfast and for the rest of the fortnight I was asked if I would like one each morning - fantastic service!
The highlight has to be feeding Columbo the tortoise!
If I had to find fault it would be that the restaurant is a tad pricey - lunch around 40 euros and dinner was around 110 without dessert but with a decent bottle of wine. We had lunch a number of times as it was good and it saved moving. We would have had dinner more often if the price had been closer to those in town.
Additionally the courtesy bus only runs Monday to Friday, it would be useful if it ran on Saturday and Sunday too. I would not hesitate to return to this hotel and indeed hope to do so once the works have been finished at the sea front.
With regards to location we walked into town each day, often for lunch and then later for dinner. It would take about 20 minutes to get to the town or 30 to get to the old town. We would get the courtesy bus back after lunch and a taxi after dinner (< 6 euros from town, < 8 from old town)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Large Botanical Garden with more them 500 different spices of plants and a variety of pleasant and relaxing areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Despegar.com, HostelBookers, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Quinta Jardins do Lago reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quinta Jardins Do Lago Hotel Funchal
- Quinta Jardins Do Lago Funchal
- Jardins Lago
- Quinta Jardins Do Lago Madeira/Funchal