On our arrival the receptionist made us very welcome and immediately showed us to our lovely ground floor bedroom with terrace overlooking the garden. Breakfasts outside were a real highlight with a superb range of different fruits, cold and hot buffet and eggs freshly cooked anyway you liked.Evening meals in the more formal dining room were also excellent, if a little expensive.
The hotel is very traditional in style, light and airy and I imagine nice and cool in very hot weather.
The gardens are really beautiful and the pool area well designed for sunbathing or swimming.
This is a hotel to which we would definitely consider returning, the only downside being that it is about 30mins walk up a steep hill from tthe centre of Funchal, some of the way without pavements, so it is not for the faint-hearted or infirm.However the hotel provides a courtesy vehicle several times a day (except weekends) which can be booked in advance provided you know when you wish to return. All the staff were extremely courteous and helpful, and we felt that nothing was really too much trouble.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Large Botanical Garden with more them 500 different spices of plants and a variety of pleasant and relaxing areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Despegar.com, HostelBookers, Priceline, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Quinta Jardins do Lago reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quinta Jardins Do Lago Hotel Funchal
- Quinta Jardins Do Lago Funchal
- Jardins Lago
- Quinta Jardins Do Lago Madeira/Funchal