We have just returned from a wonderful holiday in Madeira and thought this hotel was outstanding. We were very lucky with the weather.
The Quinta is set in a residential district above Funchal with no other hotels nearby. It is a very traditional and elegant hotel beautifully furnished and very comfortable. We booked a superior room which was on the third floor with magnificent views of the gardens and the sea. It was well equipped with TV, toiletries and tea/coffee facilities. The only criticism we would make is the super king size bed was extremely firm which did effect our sleep.
Breakfast was excellent with a wonderful variety of fresh fruit and something to suit everyone plus eggs cooked to order. When I asked for soft poached eggs that's exactly what I received. Breakfast could be taken in the lovely Pink Room, on the terrace or outside. Service was excellent.
We ate in the hotel restaurant a couple of times and the food was first class although one couple said that the table d'hote was five courses but with no choice and they thought that was not acceptable at a five star hotel.
One of the best restaurants we visited was the Solar da Ajuda where the food and service were exceptional.
The gardens are beautiful and well kept and the pool complex is well laid out and welcoming. We loved the pool and did not have any trouble getting sunbeds with plenty of towels available.The pool bar serves drinks and food but I think that food is only served between 12 noon and 3pm and although it is very nice it is rather expensive.There is however a friendly cafe bar on a corner very close to the hotel and we had drinks and toasted sandwiches a couple of times and bought water etc
One point that I would make is the courtesy bus service to Funchal is excellent but would benefit guests further if it also made trips to the Rua da Casa Branca (Lido area). Where there is a good shopping centre and evening entertainment.
The service from all staff was exceptional and could not be faulted.
To sum up this is a five star hotel with five star service. We would recommend this hotel for couples but maybe not for families with children. If you want a quiet, peaceful holiday in opulent surroundings then you will enjoy Quinta Jardins do Lago.
Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
- Also Known As:
- Quinta Jardins Do Lago Hotel Funchal
- Quinta Jardins Do Lago Funchal
- Jardins Lago
- Quinta Jardins Do Lago Madeira/Funchal
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Large Botanical Garden with more them 500 different spices of plants and a variety of pleasant and relaxing areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Venere, Splendia, Tingo, Otel, HostelBookers and Expedia so you can book your Quinta Jardins do Lago reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.