We stayed 1 week at this hotel for our first stay in Madeira. This was a great starting point to tour the island and go for various hiking trips. The best part was enjoying breakfast every morning on the terrasse in the tropical gardens, with the jasmine smell and the birds' song. The best possible start in a vacation day!
Our room on the 3rd floor was ideally situated with a great view on the garden and the ocean (in the distance). It was very quiet and the bed was comfortable.
The only thing to be improved is the service level, which did not correspond to what you expect from a 5 stars hotel. The gentlemen at the reception often did not really have answers to our questions, there was no concierge service, no real advice on what to do on the island. There were often 3 or 4 people at reception, but you felt that only 1 professional person would be more helpful than 4 "amateurs". For instance, it was the flowers festival, and we did not get any good advice on what to see and when for this special festival. We had to look up ourselves on the internet.
Only 2 staff members deserve a special thank you for their great service: Rubina (reception) and Cristina (restaurant - breakfast). They were really helpful and always smiling!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Large Botanical Garden with more them 500 different spices of plants and a variety of pleasant and relaxing areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, HostelBookers, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Quinta Jardins do Lago reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quinta Jardins Do Lago Hotel Funchal
- Quinta Jardins Do Lago Funchal
- Jardins Lago
- Quinta Jardins Do Lago Madeira/Funchal