Stayed here last week and had a really good time. Excellent little hotel; quiet, clean, well-furnished and well maintained. Lovely gardens - despite probably not quite the right time of year to enjoy them. We had booked a superior room but were upgraded to a junior suite, which was excellent. Ours had access to a private roof terrace which got 360 degree sun, so was brilliant. We also had a small balcony which got the evening sun and was sheltered from the breeze. The room was well furnished and the bathroom big and again very clean.
The pool area is very good and the pool was exceptionally clean
We stayed B&B. the breakfasts were expansive - 6 - 7 fruit juices; masses of fruit; cereal; yoghurt; bread and pastries; cheese and meats and hot food. Coffee was OK but they can't make tea to save their lives! (But minor point). If I had an issue about breakfast it would be that the bain marie that kept the hot food warm was only heated by hot water and had no ongoing source to maintain the heat.
Staff were very helpful and friendly.
We ate a couple of time in the restaurant. Food was Ok but massively overpriced. You can eat for 1/2 to 2/3rds the price in the town - same sorts of dishes. Plus it is the first place that I have ever been openly charged for the bread on the table! Also the service was very slow. I'm all for not rushing meals but 2 hours to consume 2 courses is a bit too laid back!
They have entertainment 2 evenings a week which can be a bit loud, but I'm splitting hairs here.
The hotel is in a residential district and generally quietly located - if anywhere is quite in Funchal! There is a hotel minibus four times a day, but we purchased a Bus Giro and used the local buses. No 15 goes from around the corner and if you walk over the rise opposite the main entrance you can catch another 4 buses (17, 49, 12, etc.) into the centre. Do be a bit careful in the evening as they change the routes in the evening. We caught a bus back one evening that we'd used during the day and ended up goodness knows where! But the bus drivers are very helpful.
Overall we had an excellent time and really enjoyed our time here.
- Also Known As:
- Quinta Jardins Do Lago Hotel Funchal
- Quinta Jardins Do Lago Funchal
- Jardins Lago
- Quinta Jardins Do Lago Madeira/Funchal
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Large Botanical Garden with more them 500 different spices of plants and a variety of pleasant and relaxing areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Splendia, Tingo, Venere, Otel, Expedia and HostelBookers so you can book your Quinta Jardins do Lago reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.