Our choice of hotel for our first visit to Madeira was spot on. Sadly the stormy weather and absence of sunshine prevented us from enjoying the lovely pool and other hotel amenities. It also did not allow us to see as much of the island as we had expected.
Despite this however, the hotel more than delivered. Food was exceptional and the staff courteous and helpful. Our room on the second floor was spacious and comfortable with a fine marble bathroom. Like the rest of the hotel, the room was spotless.
Public areas are elegant and calm with beautiful floral arrangements throughout.
It is a long steep walk downhill to town centre but has the benefit of passing a couple of fine museums and the Santa Clara Convent on route. A bonus in the inclement weather.
Speaking personally, we much preferred the Quinta's location, to that of Reid's Palace on the western edge of Funchal.
We definitely hope to return, but will try May/June and hope to see more of island and its gardens (and of course the sun!).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Large Botanical Garden with more them 500 different spices of plants and a variety of pleasant and relaxing areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, HostelBookers, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Quinta Jardins do Lago reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quinta Jardins Do Lago Hotel Funchal
- Quinta Jardins Do Lago Funchal
- Jardins Lago
- Quinta Jardins Do Lago Madeira/Funchal