Comfort,charm,beauty...that's what it says on the hotel brochure AND that is exactly what you get on the inside ! Its obvious why this fine hotel is so highly rated by TripAdvisor travellers. We have just returned from 4 nights Dinner,Bed & Breakfast in a Double garden view room which was upgraded on arrival to a superior room. With 40 rooms and buildings set in a beautiful botanic garden ( original property 1735 plus modern additions) with a fabulous pool area the hotel is a delight away from the huge properties down at the sea front. Take my tip - go for this above the hugely expensive Reids where you pay Euro 29 for chicken breast on their A La Carte.
Staff are extremely nice and helpful. The breakfasts on the terrace or in the garden are great with lots of variety and eggs done to order. We loved the evenings starting off with a great choice of cocktails ( happy hour 7-8pm with 25% discount) in the very nice lounge ( live entertainment Monday and Friday) and then a 5 course dinner which for Euro 38 was superb value. Very well presented courses - salad starter ( eg beef carpaccio), soup, fish dish, meat course and choice of 2 desserts. A la carte available but we were very happy with the quality and freshness of the set dinner. The waiter made very good wine suggestions each evening.
Most of the 5 days was spent relaxing around the hotel. A couple of times we wandered down into the pleasant city of Funchal ( 10 minute walk) for coffee/lunch and the entertaining cable car ride up to Monte where we went on the historic toboggans down the hillside. Well worth the Euro 30 price BUT watch out for the taxi scams at the end station. Instead of a Euro 5 metered fee back to town they try to sting you for a 'fixed Euro 20 fee". Not with me !! The hotel offers a complimentary transfer 4/5 times a day into Funchal and return. Its only Euro 5 metered taxi from the city.
You wont go wrong with the Jardins do Lago for a very relaxing holiday in beautiful surroundings and pool/gardens with great food, cocktails and superb hotel staff.
- Also Known As:
- Quinta Jardins Do Lago Hotel Funchal
- Quinta Jardins Do Lago Funchal
- Jardins Lago
- Quinta Jardins Do Lago Madeira/Funchal
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Large tropical swimming pool surrounded by large beautiful tropical gardens and offering a variety of pleasant and relaxing areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Stentorian NV, Splendia, Hotels.com, Olotels, EasyToBook, Otel, Priceline, HotelsClick and Tingo so you can book your Quinta Jardins do Lago reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.