This is a truly outstanding hotel. For travellers coming to Madeira for the first time it is worth understanding that the majority of Funchal hotels are strung out along the foreshore to the west of the city centre.Many of them were built in the last 10-15 years and resemble the tower blocks that litter the Spanish costas.If you want something truly different,this hotel up the hill behind Funchal centre may well be the place for you.It was originally a quinta,or estate,with a lovely manor house,set in beautiful gardens,and when it was turned into a hotel an extension was added,which was tastefully done. The standard room we had on a weeks holiday at the end of January was 42 sq metres,which is spacious,and we were on the ground floor overlooking the gardens.The bed was very comfortable. The hotel only has about 40 rooms and there is a feeling of space in the lounge and bar areas and in the dining room and,of course,in the gardens and very attractive pool area.There is a good shuttle bus service into the citywhich is necessary,given its location.The staff were uniformly pleasant and very helpful,including giving good advice on tours and walks around the island.Everything was well organised,in the way that you would hope a 5 star hotel would be.We can thoroughly recommend this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Large Botanical Garden with more them 500 different spices of plants and a variety of pleasant and relaxing areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo and HostelBookers so you can book your Quinta Jardins do Lago reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quinta Jardins Do Lago Hotel Funchal
- Quinta Jardins Do Lago Funchal
- Jardins Lago
- Quinta Jardins Do Lago Madeira/Funchal