We stayed at this hotel last September. It has the most beautiful botanic garden which was the star of the hotel, the Hotel is very clean and extemely well decorated with beautiful antiques. Its very quiet and some evenings only two of us in the bar, we didn't mind. Its quite a walk from the hotel to the town downhill, but if you can manage it you see much more of Madeira. We had one problem but not with the hotel Easyjet delayed our cases for 3 days so we were walking around a 5 star hotel in the same clothes, it was awful we couldn't find anything in town to suit/fit us as most shops had summer sales and winter season was in the shops. We got our cases on Saturday night, the hotel staff were extremely helpful in every way, and chased up Easyjet but we just had to wait because their website di not update! The breakfast in the terrace area was really a good spread of continental and English food, they struggled a bit with the eggs though! I would recommend this hotel but it is very quiet, the weather was a little changeable and we lost 3 days of our holiday due to Easyjet which was a shame, I couldn't swim or sunbath only had a pair of jeans and t-shirt. We are going back to Madeira again this year but to a different area to try that, we loved Madeira it has everything a holiday maker would want. I also left my cardigan when we departed and received first class service they posted it back to me. Wish I could say that about Easyjet who offered us £38.00 which is what we spent on 3 awful T shirts!! I would say this hotel is not for young people though it has a charm of its own, highly recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Large Botanical Garden with more them 500 different spices of plants and a variety of pleasant and relaxing areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Hotwire, Venere, Priceline and HotelTravel.com so you can book your Quinta Jardins do Lago reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quinta Jardins Do Lago Hotel Funchal
- Quinta Jardins Do Lago Funchal
- Jardins Lago
- Quinta Jardins Do Lago Madeira/Funchal